Open today: 08:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
So helpful, friendly and unbelievably beautiful scenery

These guys were so helpful when we were trying to plan our trip from Australia, information we... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2018
taniamF5717LT
Darwin, Australia
via mobile
Best photography day of my life

Reviewed 17 February 2018
BxDouglas
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Today might have just won the title of 'best day of my life'.....I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to fly with Atlantsflug / Flightseeing on their 'Landmannalaugar and surroundings' tour. We woke up on a day where the light was breaking through the fog and snow clouds to reveal a winter wonderland of fresh snowfall. After a gentle and picturesque drive to Reykjavik we were met by our pilots at the airport and welcomed on board. One thing I loved about the Cessna that we flew in was the window opened, so I was able to shoot uninterrupted by glass! We took off from the heart of the city and quickly got out to the wilderness and it was the smoothest flight I have ever been on!! The views wrapped around the plane from every angle and it is hard to describe how freeing and relaxing the whole experience felt! Our pilots were wonderful, explaining what we could see and sharing stories of the geology and history, it was fascinating! I can't thank Flightseeing enough for this amazing experience and would say anyone travelling to Iceland should make it a priority to include a flight as part of their itinerary!! It was simply amazing!!!

Thank you, thank you thank you!!! And thank you a million times over!!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2016

As a private pilot, I feel the need to stop at every single aerodrome I come across. I saw an aerodrome sign in the middle of nowhere, in Skatafell, so I just naturally turned towards it, as usual. I was expecting to see the usual 2 to 4-seater Cessna, but not this time. There was only one aircraft on the apron: a Piper Chieftain!! Wow.

We got out of the car and met Vera at the reception who welcomed us warmly. We booked a couple of seats on the next tour. Easy. Half an hour later, we were ready to go with Einar in the plane. What an aircraft, and most importantly, Einar is a great pilot. We love the little tour and would definitely go again. No hesitation. Totally awesome experience.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The pilot was excellent and very friendly, Bakki is a great place to fly direct over volcanoes, glaciers, rivers and out over the coast to see Vik from the air. It was brilliant and breathtaking. I got the best photos you could ever imagine, the pilot did circles, went up, went down so we could get the best views

Totally amazing -don't miss this once in a life time opportunity
Michael B

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

This was one of the coolest things we did while in Iceland! Highly recommend. Pilots are so friendly and tell you so many cool things about Iceland.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We arrived to the small airport of flight seeing in skatafell and booked a flight over laki creator and skatafell. The flight was outstanding. The pilot made sure that all passengers can view the main sites. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2015