“Forget Blue Lagoon - Pay and Stay ”
Review of Krauma

Krauma
Book In Advance
More Info
US$391.00*
and up
Snæfellsnes 2-Day Tour Lava Cave, Waterfalls and...
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Reykholt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience nature from its core by bathing in the geothermal baths at Krauma. The hot water originates in Europe’s most powerful hot spring Deildartunguhver, at a temperature of 100°C (212°F). To achieve the perfect bathing temperature we mix the hot water with cold water from Rauðsgil, which originates in the glacier Ok, the smallest glacier in Iceland. Krauma offers five relaxing natural geothermal baths, a cold tub to get your blood circulation going, two calming saunas and a relaxation room where you can rest by the fireplace while listening to soothing music.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This bath is just awesome. Its so clean. Showers Even got Shampoo and Conditioner (also for Males). Free Fresh Water with Lemons and Ice is always on a Table for self service. 5 different pools with different temperatures. Chill out Lounge with Music. Steambath. Everything included. We went there at 18:00 on Monday and there were about 20 people in there.
They Even have Body Lotion provided.
Really a great experience.

All reviews
"reykjavik"
"landscape"
"wind"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recommended by the company we were travelling with and so glad we stopped here. It was a lovely place to relax after a long drive and only a couple of other people there. Staff were very friendly everywhere was clean and lovely complimentary toiletries to use.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place by accident and are so happy we did. We enjoyed wonderful coffee and a smoked salmon platter in gorgeous surroundings. The restaurant was very spa-like. I wish we would have brought our swim suits because the pools looked nice.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This place was reccomeded to me as an alternative to the Blue Lagoon. |It was very smart and I guess not been there very long. Nice and modern. I was there over 2 hours, which surprised me as I didn't think I could have kept myself busy for that long !

Plentiful water with lemon and lime etc, lots of different pools and areas, including a pool which looks out over the entrance.

There was quite a few people here while I was there, but I wouldn't say it was busy.

NIce place, recommend it and I would go again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Given the Icelandic weather, I thought it would be necessary to bring a hat to the hot tubs but make no mistake - the water is so hot you do not need to cover your head even if the wind is blowing. Quite the opposite, I was sitting comfortably with my shoulders above the water level and was not cold at all. We spent around three hours there and honestly I would have stayed longer if I had the chance. The place is peaceful and cheap at the same time! Given the luxury and the level of service they could charge five times as much for the entrance fee :) Definitely worth allocating time in your schedule to check it out!

1  Thank Barbora Š