My wife and I stayed for one night on 12 September 2013. We were not the only guests but the hotel was still very quite. We had a room upstairs and the stairs presented quite a challenge to go down with large heavy luggage. The room was in charecter with the rest of the hotel full of old stuff. Particularly interesting were the lighting switches. Liked the swan on the bed (towels). Breakfast was average but fresh. The receptionist very welcoming and friendly. All said a lovely house in an uninteresting village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tindastoll is the oldest hotel in Iceland, dating back in 1884. The building came in parts from Norway and it was assembled as a storehouse in Hofsos between 1820 and 1829, moved later on to Grafarós in 1833 and finally shipped over the fjord and reassembled at its present location in Sauðárkrókur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Hotel Tindastoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tindastoll Hotel Saudarkrokur
- Hotel Tindastoll Iceland/Saudarkrokur