“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dumfries, SCOTLAND
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

An excellent B&B (i dont like to call it a B&B because from the minute you arrive you are treated like one of the family).

Vera and family are warm and welcoming and nothing is any bother for them.

The location is ideal, just 200 yards outside Mountshannon, so is peaceful and the views you get from the conservatory breakfast room are extremely picturesque. The breakfast you order will set you up for the day as it is cooked to order and uses the finest of products.

You will not go wrong if you are looking for accommodation in this lovely area in Ireland.

Sorry it took so long to do this review, Vera, hope to see you all soon,

Martin, Joanne and Cameron Boe

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It's always great to get feedback from our guests. I'm happy that you were happy staying at our B&B and that you liked the location. We look forward to seeing you all next time you visit Co. Clare. All the best, Vera & family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at the Sunrise B&B on several occasions in the past three years for work, and it has been a great place to stay everytime.
It is well situated in Mountshannon, on the beautiful shores of Lough Derg, with Scariff just a 10 min. drive away, and Limerick just a little further on.
The B&B itself is excellent. The rooms are very well set out and spotlessly clean. The family running the premises are very friendly and welcoming, and the breakfasts in the morning are very good. Which always sets me up for another full day of work! I've never been disappointed with anything at the Sunrise B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rob C
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi Rob C. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy work schedule to write a review. It's always good to see guests returning to our B&B. We are glad you were happy with your accommodation and we look forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Vera, Joe.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

A really lovely B&B in beautiful surroundings. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable and the breakfast is good. The atmosphere is very relaxed and we truly felt at home. Vera's son even provided ice for our son's broken finger! Vera is very friendly and a fount of knowledge about the newly released eagles on Lough Derg, which we were lucky enough to see. If you are in the Mountshannon area you couldn't go wrong staying here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Hi Carole H, Thank you for your review. It was lovely having you and your family stay 2 nights with us. I hope you son's finger is much better now. Having 2 sons myself I know what it's like looking after sport injuries! Well you'll be happy to hear that our White Tailed Sea Eagle chicks have taken to the air but they are slow to move away form the Mountshanon area. I guess that they are happy to stay here too! Next time your back in Mountshannon we would love you to stay with us again. All the best, Vera and my son Sean who provided your son with ice. :-)
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I traveled alone on the trip for the Dance on the Shannon Irish dance camp, which was walking distance from the B & B! I'm almost 17 and it was really weird being in a different country all by myself, but I was blessed to have Vera there! Vera is such a sweetheart and makes sure you feel welcome and at home! The B & B was beautiful, spotless and very homey! The sunroom, where the breakfast is served, is such a beautiful sight to wakeup to! The weather was beautiful the whole two weeks I was there. It was sunny, in the 90s and I even got a nice tan!
The B & B is walking distance of everything you could need on vacation, which is very convenient because it takes two minutes to walk to the shop to grab a snack or a meal at the pub or a swim in the lake! While on the trip I took numerous side trips that are near the B & B! Let me tell ya, they are breathtaking! Cliffs of Moher, Holy Island, the Burren are all amazing side trips that I highly suggest!
Overall The Irish dance camp and Sunrise B & B were incredible, as well as all of the amazing friends I made there! I made some life long friends just over the two weeks I was there! Couldn't have asked for a better experience!! Food was delicious, service was on point, everyone was friendly, B & B was homey and my room was perfect! Thank you so much Vera for everything, I hope to see you next year!!! (I'm saving up everything so I can go again!) Miss you! ♥
Ps) I have a ton of pictures that I would love to show you!! (: Hope all is going well & good luck with your B & B!
W/ lots of love and thanks,
♥ Anneliese

Room Tip: -Pancakes and bacon were very delicious! -There are cows everywhere, therefore it does smell like c...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hi AnnelieseB, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Sunrise B&B and thank you for your wonderful review. Dance on the Shannon camp was so much fun and I really enjoyed being part of it helping out in anyway we could to make sure all the groups needs were catered for. The first dance camp of many to follow! I hope that you have lasting pleasant memories of your first holiday to Ireland and we really look forward to seeing you again in the coming years. All the best, Vera
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a "First Class" bed and breakfast! The views were beautiful! The room was very clean and the beds and linens were very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and served in the conservatory, which had air-conditioning. Vera was very knowledgable of area and provided great information on where to go, what to see and do. She gave us directions to a close-by location to view the entire Holy Island--breathtaking! She helped us arrange a horse-back trail ride. The service was like no other. I felt like I was at staying with family--minus the drama. Very relaxing stay. Thank you Vera for making our stay so wonderful! I would definitely return to Mountshannon and stay at the Sunrise B&B!

Room Tip: Family room upstairs has 2 windows that allow for great breezes. Spacious wardrobe and desk for clo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
What a wonderful review, thank a million. It was really wonderful having you and your husband Bruce and your adorable daughter Dafney stay for a few days. Seeing Dafney Irish dance was a real treat. She will go along way! The weather was really good to you too.....I'm sure many people won't believe that you got a tan in Ireland!! I love the pictures you posted especially the one of Holy Island taken from one of the many Loop-Walks around Mountshannon. All the best, Vera & family :-)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

The B & B is located a 1/2 mile off the main road. From the breakfast conservatory you could look down on the Shannon River and distant mountains. The B & B had pasture on two sides with beautiful cows and calves grazing. All rooms were well kept and as new. Our host was most knowledgeable of the areas sights. She even gave us a handwritten map of how to get to a 3000 year old stone burial chamber. The white tailed sea eagle had just been reintroduced, after a 100 year absence, from this part of the Shannon River. An eagle pair were attending a nest with two chicks just off the banks of the Shannon. There was much excitement by the locals as well as the tourists.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunrisebnb, Owner at Sunrise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time out when you returned home to write such a wonderful review.
There are many hidden gems in this area and I was glad to share some with you.
Best wishes, Vera, Joe & family.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Thankyou Vera. Loved our stay with you very much. We stayed the night in Mountshannon on May 4th as I was tracing my Irish Ancestry that had its roots back there, and the revues on Trip Advisor helped me chose this B&B. A good selection. Nice room, and lovely breakfast room and breakfast. Even had my first try of blackpudding. Would love to stay again if passing through

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Julie & Tony, Thanks a million for taking the time to review our B&B. It's good that you were able to trace some of your roots back to this area. Maybe someday you will come back again.
All the best, Vera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountshannon
Great National Abbey Court Hotel & Spa
Glocca Morra B&B
Glocca Morra B&B
#1 of 1 in Ogonnelloe
Oak Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Sunrise Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!