Our group of 10 barely fit this space. The bathroom situation was very tricky. As the master bath was not easy to access the 8 others had to wait a lot for shower and potty time. Difficult for the women especially.
Tips for very friendly owners, Randy and Sandy:
1. Let renters know ahead of time that they need to supply toilet paper and paper towels. There were only two rolls in each bathroom upon arrival. Difficult to run back to town down the mountain to get it after dark.
2. Our reservations were for Friday to Sunday. We were charged for Sunday night also.
We were told we could
add but not subtract a night that we had not even reserved.
3. The pull out sofa for two adult guests was unusable. The mattress was all springs. So those two slept on top of the couch and the love seat.
4. The kitchen did have large selection of pots and pans and utensils. Plates, bowls and cups were plentiful. Would recommend a large bowl for salad and a serrated knife for slicing breads.
5.When using the back burner to boil water, flames shot up around the pot. We were able to out out the fire luckily. We could not find a fire extinguisher. We then realized there were no smoke detectors. This being a pinewood cabin made it a little scary. There were no sprinklers either.
6. Children present loved the hot tub and the goats. The trail was nice. Also two fire pits were nice although there was no firewood available.
7. Porch was lovely. Could improve steps to patio off kitchen.
8. Bedrooms need reading lamps that are adequate. Also reading lamps in living area so you don't have to have overheads on fans to see.
Cabins and property are beautuful. Lots of ambiance.
Thanks for the hospitality you showed us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our cabins are reconstructed from the original 1800's American Pioneer log cabins and restored on 196 acres of secluded farmland on pictorial Lookout Mountain located in North Alabama. Our property has beautiful mountain views and adjoins Little River Canyon National Preserve. We are very close to the beautiful area of Mentone Mountain, Desoto State Park and Fort Payne, home of the award winning band "Alabama". Little River Canyon has many breath-taking sights to see and lots to do in any type of weather. ... more less