“Comfy Night Slumber”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Kenner, Louisiana, United States
“Comfy Night Slumber”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Late one night after a very long drive my family and I stumbled upon your hotel. Much to my surprise the bed and bedding was the most comfortable I have slept in for a while at a hotel. Needless to say I had a perfect nights sleep. I also woke up without any back pain. I felt perky and chipper when I awoke. Ready to tackle the day long drive with vigour. It was a great start for a long day. Thank you Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jule83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
I am so pleased that you had such a restful night when you stayed with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne. It is our wish that everyone rests as well as you did.

We certainly hope you enjoyed our nice hot breakfast and fresh brewed coffee before you got back on the road. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a complimentary review.

Julie Mewes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Orleans
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stopped here late one night after driving all day. To our surprise it was super clean and very comfortable. We had 2 rooms as we were traveling with 7 family members. We had hoped to get an adjoining room, but having rooms side-by-side was just perfect. My mother said the bed was the most comfortable one she has slept on. She went on to say that she slept so soundly and didn't wake up once.

This was only a one night stay, but if we needed to stay longer, we sure would stay here. They did have a refrigerator and microwave in both our rooms. In addition, there was a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and a coffee maker.

Thanks Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Payne for a comfortable night for all of my family members.

1 Thank BayouChica
Jule83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
We are so happy you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when they depart from our hotel property. We do very much appreciate your kind words and for taking time to post your experience for other travelers to read.

We hope to welcome you back for a return visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne!
tn
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Very clean rooms....microwave, iron & board, hairdryer, coffee maker, in our room, with breakfast in the morning, too near the front lobby. Very nice beds & pillows! If in the area again, we would definitely consider a return stay. Our main concern was cleanliness, and this hotel passed the test! Great stay! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jule83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review of your experience at Holiday Inn Expresss & Suites Fort Payne.

It's always great to hear from our guests about how much they enjoyed the amenitites we provide. Thank you for recognizing the efforts that our team puts into creating a very clean room and nice hotel property.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Julie Mewes
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is my first stay at this Holiday Inn Express and overall I'm pleased. I have a few complaints, but nothing that would prevent me from coming back again next time I'm in the area. The lady at the front was very nice and professional. The room was nice and what I expected for the mostpart, but the AC units are outdated and mine was difficult to adjust. The TV is a flat screen style TV, but on the older side and is slow to respond to remote instruction commands and took a good while to power on at first. The worst thing about the hotel that I can tell is the walls are real thin because you can hear nearly everything in the room next to you if you have a loud neighbor. Unfortunatley I did and one that coughed all night (poor thing), but wish I didn't have to hear it all night. The hotel is right off I59 and has plenty of restaurants close by including Santa Fe Steak House and Cracker Barrell to name a couple. There is also a Kmart and Lowes close to the hotel too if you needed to do any shopping. All in all though a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wofiii
Jule83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly look into everything you mentioned.

When you return to our area we hope you will have time to enjoy the attractions in Fort Payne and Dekalb County. We live in a very scenic area with a lot of things to see and do.
Montgomery AL
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We enjoyed staying here very much. The king room was clean and furnished very nicely.The cost was moderate and includes an excellent breakfast--fresh pancakes instead of the normal waffles, and other hot items not normally seen as well as fruit, etc. The eating area was quite small, however, and very crowded. I noticed some were having to take their food back to the rooms.

Just one other little problem. I kid you not, when I went to take a bath, I discovered that the material applied to the bottom of the tub to keep a person from slipping was in several places as sharp as little needles! No fun! I solved the problem by placing a small hand towel in the bottom of the tub. I think the hotel management should have to personally test out each bathtub in his or her birthday suit! LOL! Those unpleasant prickly pieces would disappear quickly!

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jule83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for selecting Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne when you were in our area. Your compliments are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the hot pancakes. It's been a great addition to our hot breakfast.
I am so sorry about the scratchy tub bottom. I would greatly appreciate it if you could call the hotel and let me know what room you were in. We need to take care of this immediately and I will certainly test each personally... if necessary.
We hope to see you on your next visit to the Fort Payne and Dekalb County area.
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed here overnight as I was passing through. The staff at the front desk was helpful, the room was clean, and the wifi was great. I had a room right across from the elevator and worried that it would be noisy, but it was fine. The shades kept the room quite dark. The bed was not really a good fit for me - it was quite hard - but that's a matter of personal preference. Overall, it was just what I was looking for in an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Jule83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel as you were passing through our area. We appreciate the kind words. We continually strive to make our hotel a "Great Hotel, Guests Love". Please make plans to stay with us next time you are passing through.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Look, when your in alabama, lets be in honest, theres certain limitations of great hotels. Next option, CLEAN, and SAFE... Thats what you get here. Service was great, room was perfect for what a weary business traveler needs, and the price was where it should be. Flat screen t.v.'s, nice hot bfast in the morning, great job Holiday inn.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank shappyhappy
Jule83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are please you comfortable and had an enjoyable stay. We understand how important your safety is and our staff takes great pride in providing you with a nice clean room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Payne
Super 8 Rainsville
#1 of 1 in Rainsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro
Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne? Share your experiences!