The hotel was the setting for our daughters wedding reception and the service received for the whole weekend was excellent, the food was first class and they did everything they could to assist us from getting rooms ready early to making the evening a night to remember. We had over 20 rooms booked and yes they do vary in size and outlook, but all were clean and air conditioned, if your booking a room ask for a view of the lake as it's spectacular and if you really need a huge room 218 is the one to book. Castel Gandolfo is a pretty like village with plenty of places to eat, the station and the lake are a long way down the hillside but a number of our guests managed the walk both ways, a car would be useful if you plan to visit other villages in the Castelli such as Frascati.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel, situated in the Roman Castles, near Rome, is refined Liberty–style building with two restaurants, meeting rooms, a splendid Roof Garden with outdoor swimming-pool, private car park and 50 rooms. The Historic centre of Castel Gandolfo is only 500 metres from the hotel, where on the main Piazza You can find the impressing Palazzo Pontificio, the summer residence in Italy of the Pope and a visiting place for thousands of tourists every year. The Hotel is only 30km from the ¨Leonardo da Vinci¨ Fiumicino airport and 6km from Ciampino airport of Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castel Vecchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castelvecchio Castel Gandolfo
- Castelvecchio Hotel Castel Gandolfo
- Castel Vecchio Castel Gandolfo, Italy - Rome