The hotel is a beautiful old building with a fantastic view of the lake. it's a bit worn down, but the rooms and the dining halls are still very nice. there are two swimming pools, one on the roof terrace overlooking the surroundings. it's a five minutes walk to the old town with some of really nice restaurants and the pope's palace. The staff is very service minded and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel, situated in the Roman Castles, near Rome, is refined Liberty–style building with two restaurants, meeting rooms, a splendid Roof Garden with outdoor swimming-pool, private car park and 50 rooms. The Historic centre of Castel Gandolfo is only 500 metres from the hotel, where on the main Piazza You can find the impressing Palazzo Pontificio, the summer residence in Italy of the Pope and a visiting place for thousands of tourists every year. The Hotel is only 30km from the ¨Leonardo da Vinci¨ Fiumicino airport and 6km from Ciampino airport of Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Castel Vecchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castelvecchio Castel Gandolfo
- Castelvecchio Hotel Castel Gandolfo
- Castel Vecchio Castel Gandolfo, Italy - Rome