This hotel and it's staff and food are wonderful.the rooms were clean,beds comfy if a bit hard and the view from the rooms is outstanding! I had the misfortune to have my purse stolen in Rome on the underground and the lady in the hotel was extremely helpful on my return. A 10min walk takes you to the centre of castle gandolpho which is a stunning small piazza with shops/restaurants & coffee shops (itailians call them bars). A further 15/20 min walk and your down by the lago(lake) with its sun loungers,market stalls and bars/restaurants. We indulged in the hotels fabulas meal on the terrace overlooking the lake,the food was divine and very reasonably priced for hotel guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel, situated in the Roman Castles, near Rome, is refined Liberty–style building with two restaurants, meeting rooms, a splendid Roof Garden with outdoor swimming-pool, private car park and 50 rooms. The Historic centre of Castel Gandolfo is only 500 metres from the hotel, where on the main Piazza You can find the impressing Palazzo Pontificio, the summer residence in Italy of the Pope and a visiting place for thousands of tourists every year. The Hotel is only 30km from the ¨Leonardo da Vinci¨ Fiumicino airport and 6km from Ciampino airport of Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castel Vecchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castelvecchio Castel Gandolfo
- Castelvecchio Hotel Castel Gandolfo
- Castel Vecchio Castel Gandolfo, Italy - Rome