“Cannot be better for Milano Fair”
Review of NH Milano Fiera

NH Milano Fiera
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rho
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We always sleep here when we go for a couple of days at the Fiera. Prices are correct, at least if you book well in advance, as we do. You can park your car for 10 Euros a day in the parking just next to the hotel. Rooms are essential, big and well appointed, you do not need anything fancy in such a hotel. The service is fantastic. They can be so organized as no other hotel that we have seen that gets suddently very busy and hyperactive due to the Fair just in front. Quick and reactive at check in and check out, flexible enough to accomodate special needs even in situation of stress, very efficient at breakfast which is always very busy. Despite being in Italy, breakfast is comprehensive of all that one can expect, and the quality is not bad.
Well done, the management must be behind and one feels it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel because I was meeting an old friend who would be staying here while attending a bankers' seminar. Otherwise I would have never stayed here. First of all, this hotel is located near the Milan Fair complex in Rho. Other than the fair complex there is absolutely nothing in the immediate area. To get to the hotel, I had to take a shuttle bus from Malpensa Airport to Milan Central Station. From there, I found the metro line that would take me about 15 stations to Rho. Once I was at street level, I had to walk approximately 1 mile around the fair complex to the hotel. Check in was easy and fast. The desk clerk told me about breakfast in the morning and gave me the key to the room. The room was excellent. It was clean, spacious and very modern. I have absolutely no complaints about the room. Since there are no restaurants within a reasonable walking distance, my friend and I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Although they had several dishes on the menu I chose to eat the prix fix dinner, which is served buffet style. I was barely able to place a sample of everything on my dish before they began dismantling the buffet. This buffet cost around $30. The next evening we ate in the restaurant and ordered ala carte. The food was mediocre, expensive and the service quite poor. The waiters were very inattentive and the only reason I was presented with the bill was because I had to ask one of the waiters to bring it. Breakfast, on the other hand, was outstanding! It was in a large dining area on the second floor of the hotel and was very varied in what was provided. I have to say this is probably the best breakfast I have ever eaten in a hotel! Check-out was a little problematic since their computer system was down and they had to rely on hand written records. The only fault I see with this hotel was follow-up after checking out. Once I arrived at my next destination, Kiev, I realized I had left some important medications behind. As soon as I realized what I had done I sent e-mails to the last hotels I was staying at, one in Amsterdam and the other NH Rho Fiera. The Dutch hotel wrote back immediately, informing me that the medications were not found in my room. It took NH Fiera almost a week to respond to my inquiry. They stated that the medications had been found in my room and wanted to know if I wanted them sent by "courier" or Italian Post. Since I would be in Kiev for almost a month, I told them to send it by Italian Post and to charge my credit card for any expenses involved. A month later, when it was time to depart Kiev, the medications had not arrived at my friend's address. In fact even two weeks later they still have not arrived. A follow-up email was not responded to. Luckily I was able to duplicate just about every medication at local pharmacies in Kiev. At this point I do not think they ever mailed the expensive medications as I had directed. Other than this, I would recommend NH Fiera IF YOU ARE ATTENDING the Milan Fair. Otherwise it is much too far from the city center.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed in October. The hotel location is great for the exhibition centre, a taxi ride to everywhere else. The rooms are modern, spacious and scrupulously clean. The bed as very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice including fresh fruit. The entrance is a bit of a challenge for a guest arriving late at night, it looks like a warehouse entrance and as it is the main area for smokers this was a bit off-putting.

The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful at checkin and checkout. The only thing that lets the hotel down are the bars and bar staff. I know they were busy but it is not the customers fault. There were occasions when the bar was completely unstaffed whilst they took orders for food and when they were behind the bar service was very slow and lacked charm to say the least.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed NH Fiera during my business trip about Mido Fair. It is very closed to fair area. Very elegant and chic room, quite and comfortable. The service is very well. Also very near to metro station. Easy to go to the city center

Room Tip: I didn't coincide any negative situation about rooms, my colleagues as well!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank semahel
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were robbed an Ipad and 400 euro cash from our rooms during broad daylight. We alerted the hotel staff after the incident. They told us that other customers have suffered similar experiences in the past and blamed this on strangers who have walked in to the guest rooms.

Although the doors are card-key locked, the hotel staff say that this is not enough. There are no CCTV cameras in the corridors because of privacy reasons. This excuse is a very poor one since security of guests and belongings should come first prior to the privacy of guests walking in the common areas.

Nice hotel but very poor security!

3  Thank Kjc082
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Check in/out operations are quick and staff is kind. Very good breakfast, with some specialities for wellness and healthy (however, I suggest to ask for a capuccino: do not be satisfied with the automatic coffee machine).
Rooms are standard, a little bit below average.
The worst feature of this hotel is the parking fee: € 15/day! Out of a fair period is not acceptable: the hotel is located in a cemented desert area, where find a spot to park is not an issue.
Parking must be included in the room cost, definetly.

1  Thank Alberto1974
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to Sonisphere at the Fiera Milano and decided to stay nearby being unsure when the metro stopped, the hotel was perfect for the concert, even with there being a large concert on the room rate was very reasonable.

My room wasn't large but was extremely clean and modern, the hotel also had free WI-FI.

If I was going to another show at the Fiera Milano I would definitely stay here

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rho
Italiana Hotels Milan Rho Fair
#2 of 4 in Lainate
Domina Milano Fiera
Domina Milano Fiera
#1 of 1 in Novate Milanese

Been to NH Milano Fiera? Share your experiences!