“Thanks to Sarah Smith,Host”

Cambridge Bed and Muffin
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Cambridge Bed and Muffin
Ranked #9 of 20 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Thanks to Sarah Smith,Host”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Recently my daughter and I stayed with Sarah Smith at her delightful Cambridge Bed and Muffin, a bed and breakfast in Cambridge.We enjoyed the pleasantly appointed rooms and comfortable beds which afforded us wonderful sleeps.The convenience of having the Red Line of the Boston Transportation system so close was an added bonus.We especially enjoyed Sarah's attention to detail , her knowledge of things to do in Boston and her thoughtfulness in making sure our stay was excellent.We will be sure to tell our friends.The Cambridge Bed and Muffin may well be a new destination for folks from Halifax,NS and Toronto,Ontario. Thanks so much for your hospitality Sarah!

Beth McGee,Seabright,NS

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BethMcGee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We loved staying in Sarah's clean and whimsical home for 4 nights....Our third floor room was cozy and clean, and it was just fine having the bathroom across the hall (didn't ever seem to run into anyone). The shower is great, and Sarah has loads of shampoos, soaps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, tissues, Qtips, extra towels, or anything else one may have forgotten. There is a marvelous breakfast each morning in the tea room; I was there on business, Doug was there to visit his sons, and we met a nice couple who were delivering their son to Harvard. We felt safe, slept well, and were given great directions and assistance by Sarah, who is a long-time resident of Cambridge. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who would not be inclined to stay at a "corporate" hotel. This was "just like home"! We were also told by friends that the lobster-stand next door, called "Alive & Kicking" is the best lobster-sandwich shop in the Boston area, although we ran out of time and missed going there.......

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Jeannette M
Pleasantville, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The house is set back from the road and has a very leafy, garden feeling. The serve-yourself breakfast was good - with many teas to choose from, and fresh brewed coffee.
The bathroom was stocked with everything you might need or have forgotten - toothbrushes, tissues, cotton swabs etc.
The host is helpful and friendly, but not intrusive.
We would recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank H M
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Nice, clean and affordable. You feel at home included the freedom of being on your own if you want to even though Sarah is a wonderful host...if you get to know her! She cares a lot about details and you are going to find everything you need there and more! I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: same style bit difference in size
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank 60890Camilla_81
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Hi,
We really didn`t know what to expect of this place, but it was more that we thought. Sara has created such a beautiful place of the Bed and Muffin. We had a very nice stayed, cozy, we found a delicious and great quality of the breakfast, and the installations were super cute and charming, it was like to transfer ourselves in another time. We will love to go back, I can wait to travel there again and stay more days.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I seem to manage to get to Boston each year lately and I always stay at this B & B - it's clean and the beds are supremely comfortable and the owner, Sarah, is so welcoming and helpful.

There is now a bathroom on the third floor which means that you only ever share a bathroom with one other room.

This time I gave in to my curiosity and looked in the little boxes in the room and found that one of them contained stapler, scissors, pencil sharpener etc. Just what you need if you're away on business. Sarah also provides tourist information, maps, umberellas, reading glasses and in the bathroom there are toothbrushes etc in case you forget the essentials. These are testimony to how thoughtful the she is.

You can see my 2009 review where I put some photos I took.

Cambridge Bed & Muffin is handy for buses and subway; a stones throw from Harvard and if you like going for a nice walk or a run then it's but 5 minutes from the river. I'll even walk into Boston from here on a fine day but it does take about 30 minutes or so.

Basically it's home for me in Boston.

See you next year !

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Gillia
Woodstock, NY
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I have been staying here for six or so years. My four little grandkids live in Cambridge and Boston, and I make this my base for visits. It is charming, old-fashioned, immaculate and very comfortable and comforting. Sarah is delightful, a great breakfast companion if you want one, and generous and friendly and helpful. I live in a rural place, and I love to walk and shop and play in Cambridge. This is a convenient and affordable way to get away from home and pretend I'm a native!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Woodstockgrandma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Kendall Hotel
#1 of 20 in Cambridge
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT
#11 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Cambridge Bed and Muffin? Share your experiences!