“Excellent location, amazing place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Gray House Cambridge Accommodations
Ranked #13 of 21 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hi there, we stayed in Apt 3 (3rd floor, 1 bed apt) for a week at the end of May 2014... from reviews we thought we might have to access the unit from the outside fire escape stairs, which concerned us as we were staying with our 2 year old, but in fact there was a regular indoor entrance as well, which was totally fine!

In fact, the place was amazing -- spacious, bright, cozy, clean, conveniently located next to Porter Square and a short walk down to Cambridge Common, Harvard Square, etc.

Staff were terrific, both before we arrive and once we were there! Our flight left late in the afternoon and we asked whether we could stay a few hours longer in the apt so our toddler had a place to nap and they were happy to accommodate (lucky for us there wasn't anyone checking in that same day).

It was a warm week and the apt stayed cool without turning on the AC, but it's possible in the summer months it might be a bit warm but they have AC in the windows.

King size bed was very comfortable and they provided us with a twin mattress for our toddler, which they set up in one corner on the floor of the bedroom, which worked out great, so we didn't need to use the futon in the living room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arlene C

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here in the off-season after moving to Boston and I absolutely loved it! Karin Stephan is an amazing Iyengar yoga instructor with a studio on the other side of he porch, so the energy is wonderful. It is a very peaceful and comfortable little apartment. The subway (Porter) is very close, so you can't beat the convenience. I wish I could've signed a lease...and I didn't even get breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We rented this condo because it was close to Belmont, where our kids are. It is in a beautiful location, close to the T with (at least one) restaurant, bar, coffee shop, grocery store, and liquor store (as well as a T stop) within a couple of blocks. However, before renting, please bear in mind the following:
1. Karin, the lady upstairs with the yoga studio, is not as quiet as she thinks she is. It seemed she was pacing back and forth all day from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., together with the thumping from her yoga class and what sounded like moving furniture. If you don't care about sleeping late or going to bed early, it won't be a problem for you.
2. The commuter train is close by, and is noisy at night.
3. The bed is old and creaky.
4. There is no electrical outlet in the bathroom, and no outlet in the bedroom close to a mirror. If you blow-dry or curl your hair and want to see what you are doing, you will have to do it in the main living area.
5. The access to the condo is via fire escape stairs which are narrow and hard to maneuver with large bags.
6. The TV is in the bedroom. We wanted to watch a couple of ballgames with our kids (guests), but didn't really want to watch in the bedroom...so we didn't.
If none of these things bother you, then this is a great place. I think next time we will try somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Janetinbuhl
BnBBay, Manager at Gray House Cambridge Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

We are sorry our accommodation did not meet this guest’s expectations. Most of our guests very much enjoy our units. Karin walks softly in the apartment above and does not allow shoes. She has a yoga class on Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 8 and 8:30. Yoga is very peaceful. She retires early in the evening in an area that is not above the guest’s apartment and is very cognisant of the guest unit below. There is no plug in the bathroom and we are reviewing our electricity to install more outlets. We have hung a mirror near an outlet. The mattress is in very good condition. We are buying a new bed frame. The TV is in the bedroom. It we had known this guest had her family visiting we would have moved the TV into the living room during their visit, but we do not like to keep it there as it creates noise in the adjourning unit.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed at Gray House over Christmas Break with my family and the apartment became a second home. Everything was very clean and all the linen and towels were provided. The kitchen is very functional and helped us saving time. The ride to Boston is approximately 12-15 minutes depending on your destination, but it goes really fast and the neighborhood is really worth it !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Came here last minute for a meeting in Cambridge. The apartment is in a quiet residential street about 2 blocks from the Porter Sq. T stop, and about a 15 minute walk to Harvard Square. Very good restaurants are within a 10 minute walk. I stayed in the third floor one-bedroom apartment. The furnishings were spare and clean. The bed was comfortable with extra blankets and quilts, and an in-room air-conditioner. The kitchen appliances were fully functional although a bit dated. No breakfast is included. The television was not flat screen and did not have reception to any channels. The wifi connection that I could find was a public one (not secure) and I could not access the secured connection. The owner was gracious. I arrived around 7 PM. She called me to ask that I come straight from the airport so that it would not be too late---this was a minor inconvenience for me (as I would have liked to go to a scheduled dinner). My flight was a little late and I ended up skipping the dinner. Overall I enjoyed the apartment and found it a reasonable value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank anonymousfortwayne
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Spent 3 nights here while helping my daughter move in to her dorm room. It was very quiet and convenient but I prefer a B&B with both the B's! This had a bed, no breakfast. I couldn't figure out the coffee pot which I found in the bathroom. If you like to relax with some television after a long day you will find that tough as the tv is just a small computer like monitor that's very hard to see.

I was also surprised to see that the front of the house was in dire need of gardeners. The grass and bushes near the walkway were so high I nearly tripped twice with my suitcase when I first arrived.

Also be very careful of the stairs. They are all iron and very steep.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
BnBBay, Owner at Gray House Cambridge Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We have been working on finding a new landscaping service and hope to have this resolved soon. We appreciate your comment about the staircase and will mention that in our description of the property. We do specify in both the property description and guest confirmation that breakfast is not included. We'll look at what we can do make sure guests know that before they book. Thank you again for your comments -- we always appreciate suggestions for how we can improve our communication and our guests' experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at this property for a week in August, 2012. It is very conveniently located, in walking distance to a grocery store, restaurants and shopping. The reserved spot in the parking lot was a great feature. The kitchen was not as clean as those in other places we have found through VRBO, but that was easily taken care of; since I usually clean these places anyway. The wifi, cable TV, and laundry facilities on the premises all made the stay very low-stress.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family