“Excellent experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Cambridge Vacation Rental Rooms
Ranked #8 of 21 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here with two colleagues for a meeting at Harvard. We were all very happy with it. Big rooms, private baths, spacious common spaces. Extremely clean. Kitchen very well equipped, including a big clean refrigerator, dishwasher and an instant hot water tap. More economical than B&Bs closer to Harvard Square and much more spacious. About a mile walk to Harvard through residential and safe neighborhood. Two blocks to Whole Foods. Would definitely come back for business or with family/friends. No maid service included for our week-long stay, which was fine with us. Plenty of toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels, etc. Bring your own toiletries/soap/shampoo.

I was in room 2 (with the step as described in other reviews). There is a warning sign on the door and a small rug on the step to bring attention to the step down. I did not find the step to be a problem at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was my second stay at this home and once again I was very happy with my experience. I stayed in room #1 this time, the first trip I was in room 3. One is a large room with a good sized bathroom, and walk-in closet. The room was very clean and I did have the chance to meet the maid who made sure I had everything I needed. I love the kitchen and laundry access. When I felt like eating in it was great. If you don't like to do things yourself then a traditional hotel would be more your style. Besides the home being nice the location is ideal. Close to shopping and wonderful restaurants. My first stay I was lucky to meet the owner Wendy, unfortunately she was out of town this time. Hopefully on my next stay she'll be in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The service was terrible and misleading. I wouldn't rent from them - they do not honor their word and broke an agreement with me, so I wouldn't trust them.
Additionally, the room is small and dated and when it was first showed to me, the woman fell down the stairs in the room pretty badly - so not so safe...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Roberta L
BnBBay, Manager at Cambridge Vacation Rental Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

We do not know who the person is. We do not have a record of a Roberta L. Her comments are very general. How were we misleading? What Agreement? How is the room unsafe? We do not know of anyone who fell? The pictures of this property show the decorating and style. There are no old furnishings. We are totally baffled by this review.
Marie

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We we’re a little weary of staying at a short term rental because we have never done it before. We stayed in room 2, and it turned out to be a wonderful experience! It was in a great location at a great price. It is walking distance to the T and many great restaurants in Cambridge. The room was clean and the host was very nice and helpful. She kept to herself most of the time, so you feel like you are in your own home. We plan to return in the future and bring friends to rent out the other rooms. Oh and free parking was a bonus!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had a great stay in room 3 of this house. My room was very clean, spacious and very quiet. I was able to use the kitchen and met the owner briefly who was very friendly and helpful. It was in a good location close to Central Square T station and very near a Wholefoods supermarket, and walking distance to Harvard and MIT.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bkf12345
Reviewed 7 August 2013

After reading the reviews, I was looking forward to staying here. When I arrived at about 7 p.m., the room initially appeared like the maid had been here but had not done a great job. The bed was made up with sheets that seemed a bit too narrow or not properly put on and there were long hairs all over the tub. Later when I got ready for bed, I found what appeared to be a blood stain on the sheets. I tried calling the owner, initially got her voicemail, and she called me back within a half an hour. Since she was out of town, there was not much she could do to fix the situation, except direct me to where I could find some additional sheets in the house to put on the bed. I left a message at the B&B association's main number and called their after hours number but was told that they couldn't do anything for me tonight. I really didn't expect to be changing the sheets given the cost of the room. I am going to be finding a new place to stay in the morning as it is too late tonight to be looking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
BnBBay, Manager at Cambridge Vacation Rental Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We are sorry this guest did not feel comfortable in our property. We found the sheet was a faded chocolate stain and should have been thrown away. We recently had guests in which the chocolate melted onto linens. We missed this sheet and have since gone through all our linens. We did not find any hairs in the bathroom. Perhaps they were washed away. Our maid is very conscientious and cleans very well so we were surprised to read about this. We refunded this guest and think she is more comfortable in a hotel setting.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were so comfortable in this lovely home. Our room was spacious, quiet, spotless, and beautifully decorated. Plenty of fluffy white towels were provided. The bed was extremely comfortable. We had use of the entire house, and the host, while at home, was not intrusive but did quickly answer our request for slightly more air conditioning (it was 99 degrees in Boston that day!). All in all, we will definitely stay there again when visiting family in the Boston area!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2. Room 3 is larger, but on the 3rd floor so more steps.