Hotel Veritas
US$304
  • Pool
US$263
US$242
Royal Sonesta Boston(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$211
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$170
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$204
Official Site
US$223
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Boston Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$200
US$274
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspetite queennespresso machineharvard squaretortasacross the streetrooms are smallkarma yogacomplimentary watermass avesmaller sidevalet parkingcharming hotelfirst floorwithin walking distancefew minutes walkchain hotelsfree coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have to take continuing education classes to keep my Architectural license current and I have taken many classes at Harvard over the years, and stayed at many wonderful hotels in Cambridge during these classes. Hotel Veritas will be my only choice from now on. It just feels ‘right’. The location to campus is very convenient; the décor is very well designed and executed. Having read other reviews, I was expecting a tiny room. Much to my surprise, room 401 greeted me as I first opened the door with a nice sitting area and as I turned once inside, I found plenty of space around the bed. A big screen flat tv was opposite the bed and a table for working was directly below. A pleasant surprise was the spacious balcony.
Other reviews mentioned street noise, so when making my reservation, I requested a quiet room and that is exactly what was delivered.
The only criticism I could share is that the tables on both sides of the bed looked like something we may have rescued from the curb, repainted and proudly placed in our dorm room at college. The colors were correct for the décor and really blended in but on closer inspection, was inconsistent with the quality of the furnishings in the room. A nice dock for my iPhone sitting atop one of the tables was a welcome addition.
This is a true gem of a hotel. The price was agreeable for my two night stay, $680 (I had one vodka tonic) and an added bonus of a 15 percent discount because I was attending Harvard covered the tax.
I write this review because when I find something so agreeable, it would be wrong not to share my complete and total satisfaction.

Room Tip: room 401 is worth asking for
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

We are so appreciative that you took the time to post your thorough review of Hotel Veritas on TripAdvisor. The fact that we feel “right” to you makes us very happy. We look forward to welcoming you back many times over the years to come.

As for the bedside tables, we love the look - but we've been working for months with the manufacturer trying to resolve some issues. We're not too thrilled, either.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for a quick overnight for a friends birthday. The hotel just opened a year ago and the decor is really amazing. Every detail is thought of and the construction is very high quality. The place felt solid. It's a very small staff (Evan and Matt were on the weekend we visited), but don't let that fool you. They will go above and beyond to make you feel well cared for-even personally delivering an artisan cheese plate to the room after a long day of shopping. There is cold bottled water and other beverages right in the lobby that were free of charge as well as a Nepresso machine for the guests to use in the morning. The room reminded me of a boutique hotel in Europe-very calming and comfortable with a nod to the upscale. It's located just a short walk from Harvard Square. There's no restaurant on the premises, but lots nearby. The whole experience was sort of a combination B&B meets high end hotel. Very well done.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to have such a beautiful little hotel for our guests – and even more thrilled to have a dedicated group of concierges ready to provide our the best possible service. In the midst of this hot summer, the complimentary beverages have been so appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in Harvard Square.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great boutique hotel, with personalized service. The decor is modern, refreshing, but the rooms are relatively small. Yet, the bathrooms are reasonably sized, and luxurious.
The hotel is well located on Mas avenue, 15 minutes walk from Harvard Square and next door to the metro station. Making most interest points easily accessible.
Although food s limited to cheese and wine,there are several good restaurant at a walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

We strive to provide a personalized level of service at Hotel Veritas and are pleased that we were successful in doing so for you. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor about our hotel in Harvard Square and we hope that you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed here with my wife, sister and her husband. We got a queen room with balcony and they stayed in a king. I would recommend both, if you are looking for a larger bed obviously the king is the way to go. It seems like the hotel has recently been rennovated, the design of the rooms, bedding, and service was really top-notch. The location was perfect, close enough to harvard square to get there easily on foot but not right in the middle of all the chaos.

They offer free water, juice, and nespresso in the lobby which is a really nice change from the high priced options at other hotels we've stayed at.

The only odd thing about this hotel are the photos on their website, I found that they really didn't make the hotel look as appealing as it is in reality. Interesting because ususally it's the opposite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

We’re so thrilled that you feel that Hotel Veritas is the best hotel option in Cambridge. Thank you very much for your comments about the top-notch design of the rooms, bedding, and service.

Your comment about the photos on the website did make us smile. When some of the photographs were taken for the site, they were returned to us so photo-shopped that we barely recognized the hotel: fake skies through the windows, duvets so wrinkle-free that would be impossible to make the bed in real life, shadows eliminated that made the rooms looks lifeless, amongst other disastrous results. We sent the photos back and asked for the raw images as they were originally shot. We continue to add to and change the photos to provide the best (and truest) representation of the hotel – and we’ll keep your comment in our minds as we do so.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed one night 7/9 for a quick getaway. Found hotel to be excellent in every regard. The location near Harvard Square, the service, the rooms, the comfort of the beds...everything was top notch. Will return and hoepfully have a chance to stay longer.

1  Thank sjoyce24
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Thank you! We are so glad that you stayed with us and shared your comments on Tripadvisor. We will gladly welcome you back for a longer visit when your time allows.

General Manager of Hotel Veritas in Harvard Square