“My favorite place ever!”
Review of Hotel Veritas

Hotel Veritas
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Charleston, South Carolina
“My favorite place ever!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Good things come in small packages, it's true. This is a small, exquisite hotel, staffed by the loveliest crew. I had a queen room with balcony - I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
What wonderful comments – thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Veritas in Harvard Square

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Chicago
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My fiance and I spent a long weekend at this hotel in July - we had a fabulous experience from start to finish. The hotel itself has a great vibe; a very elegant, upscale space coupled with a fun, hip atmosphere. The hotel staff is extremely professional and courteous. We'll stay here again most definitely.

Pros
Boutique hotel
Valet Parking
Close to restaurants, bars, and shopping
Attentive and professional staff
Room was beautifully furnished and comfortable

Cons
The only thing I'd mention to potential guests is that our room was on the smaller side - definitely not a big deal for us, but something to consider if that is important to you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review of Hotel Veritas! We are so grateful that you stayed with us and have shared your comments on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel’s location was fantastic (right outside of the hustle and bustle of Harvard Square’s main shops and T Station but still in the heart of the Harvard Square area). The rooms were great and the ambiance was refined. We had a fantastic view of the street below. The room was modern, comfortable, clean, and chic, and the bathroom and shower were very beautiful and spacious. The staff was friendly. The free sodas, juice, and water were great perks. This hotel is boutique without being too stiff and formal. The valet parking was convenient, and they have your car in a private garage, so it is safe. Guests may use the yoga studio across the street. It was a great experience all around.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms that overlook Mass Ave.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
We are so pleased that you found our hotel in Harvard Square to be in such a great location for your trip to Cambridge, MA. Thank you for sharing the details of your trip and the photographs of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to seeing you again at Hotel Veritas.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Hotel Veritas was a very good choice to stay in Harvard square-10 min. walking distance to the Harvard square. It is beautifully decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was quite small, but the bathroom size was very good. The bed was so comfortable. I really enjoyed staying there. I will stay there again if I am back to Harvard.

Room Tip: upper floors are quiter
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
We’re so happy that you loved your stay with us! Thank you for posting your nice comments on Tripadvisor about Hotel Veritas and we hope that you’re able to come back for a visit.

Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have to take continuing education classes to keep my Architectural license current and I have taken many classes at Harvard over the years, and stayed at many wonderful hotels in Cambridge during these classes. Hotel Veritas will be my only choice from now on. It just feels ‘right’. The location to campus is very convenient; the décor is very well designed and executed. Having read other reviews, I was expecting a tiny room. Much to my surprise, room 401 greeted me as I first opened the door with a nice sitting area and as I turned once inside, I found plenty of space around the bed. A big screen flat tv was opposite the bed and a table for working was directly below. A pleasant surprise was the spacious balcony.
Other reviews mentioned street noise, so when making my reservation, I requested a quiet room and that is exactly what was delivered.
The only criticism I could share is that the tables on both sides of the bed looked like something we may have rescued from the curb, repainted and proudly placed in our dorm room at college. The colors were correct for the décor and really blended in but on closer inspection, was inconsistent with the quality of the furnishings in the room. A nice dock for my iPhone sitting atop one of the tables was a welcome addition.
This is a true gem of a hotel. The price was agreeable for my two night stay, $680 (I had one vodka tonic) and an added bonus of a 15 percent discount because I was attending Harvard covered the tax.
I write this review because when I find something so agreeable, it would be wrong not to share my complete and total satisfaction.

Room Tip: room 401 is worth asking for
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
We are so appreciative that you took the time to post your thorough review of Hotel Veritas on TripAdvisor. The fact that we feel “right” to you makes us very happy. We look forward to welcoming you back many times over the years to come.

As for the bedside tables, we love the look - but we've been working for months with the manufacturer trying to resolve some issues. We're not too thrilled, either.

Manchester, NH
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for a quick overnight for a friends birthday. The hotel just opened a year ago and the decor is really amazing. Every detail is thought of and the construction is very high quality. The place felt solid. It's a very small staff (Evan and Matt were on the weekend we visited), but don't let that fool you. They will go above and beyond to make you feel well cared for-even personally delivering an artisan cheese plate to the room after a long day of shopping. There is cold bottled water and other beverages right in the lobby that were free of charge as well as a Nepresso machine for the guests to use in the morning. The room reminded me of a boutique hotel in Europe-very calming and comfortable with a nod to the upscale. It's located just a short walk from Harvard Square. There's no restaurant on the premises, but lots nearby. The whole experience was sort of a combination B&B meets high end hotel. Very well done.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to have such a beautiful little hotel for our guests – and even more thrilled to have a dedicated group of concierges ready to provide our the best possible service. In the midst of this hot summer, the complimentary beverages have been so appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in Harvard Square.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great boutique hotel, with personalized service. The decor is modern, refreshing, but the rooms are relatively small. Yet, the bathrooms are reasonably sized, and luxurious.
The hotel is well located on Mas avenue, 15 minutes walk from Harvard Square and next door to the metro station. Making most interest points easily accessible.
Although food s limited to cheese and wine,there are several good restaurant at a walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
We strive to provide a personalized level of service at Hotel Veritas and are pleased that we were successful in doing so for you. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor about our hotel in Harvard Square and we hope that you are able to stay with us again.