Hotel Veritas
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
US$282
US$248
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspetite queennespresso machineharvard squaretortasacross the streetrooms are smallkarma yogacomplimentary watermass avesmaller sidevalet parkingcharming hotelfirst floorwithin walking distancefew minutes walkchain hotelsfree coffee
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a sweet, small, meticulously kept hotel. The staff service here is over-the-top helpful and friendly - I arrived early and they bent over backwards to get me into a room right then. The front desk offers fruit, juice, soft drinks and coffee 24/7. My small queen room was clean, cozy and nicely laid out. The bathroom and shower were excellent, bed and bedding very comfy, Wifi was perfect. The location could not possibly be any better - many small shops and cafes downstairs and up Mass Ave. Literally steps away from the Harvard campus and an easy walk to the Metro station where the Red Line can whisk you directly to Amtrak at Boston South Station in 15 minutes. Only a couple of things kept the Veritas from being the absolutely best hotel I've ever stayed in (it's currently #2 in my international roster). The fourth floor was whisper quiet during the day, but at night there was some noise, I assume from a nearby bar, that came in through my closed window until 2 am (on a Friday night). And, though this is just a minor thing, the clock was stuck on the wrong time, and there were no buttons to reset it so I just turned it to the wall. The front desk did offer to send someone up to fix it when I called for resetting instructions. That's how cool they are. Next time I'm at Harvard, this will be where I stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room as far from the street as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First, a breif overview of what makes this hotel so fantastic: the service is five star, the location is less than a block from Harvard , the rooms are dead silent at night, the decor is flawlessly beautiful, the showers are always hot and have good pressure, beautiful fixtures, full complimentary coffee/ tea/ beverage bar. Blowdryer is in the closet in case you forget yours. Comfortable beds, thick covers, a selection of pillow firmnesses represented in the beautifully arranged pile on the bed. Yes, the rooms are small, but in the way that the rooms of a cottage on the Cape are small. Its is a part of the location: a charming reminder that you are not in a McMansion built in the style of the past, but in a historical location transformed with great creativity into a fantastic space for the weary traveler. (I am 5"11 and felt comfortable)

Did I mention the service? They always answered even the most ridiculous questions with professionalism and courtesy. They remembered my name after the first time I provided it and used it to greet me. I work in Sales and Marketing a five diamond resort in Southern California, and the service this darling hotel provided met and exceeded all of our company standards. Kudos! I will not only recommend. I will come back to Cambridge specifically to stay here for a week!

Room Tip: I stayed in 106. It faced an alley, but since I was always out till dark the view was well suited to my travel experience. Remember blowdryers are in the closet!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I think I must have had a crappy room because I was located on the first level facing the street. You can imagine the noise coming through my windows. I guess if you have a better location in the hotel, then perhaps you'd have a better experience. Overall the room is terrific but ask for an upper level!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KimSamSoon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel just outside of Harvard Square in Cambridge, so the location can't be beat. Plenty of restaurants and things to do within walking distance. Check-in was easy, staff was very friendly, and there are free drinks (coffee, tea, soda, water) available in the lobby at any time. Room service is limited, but they do offer small cheese and charcuterie plates from a very good local cheese shop (Formaggio Kitchen), which you can have in your room or in the lobby/lounge next to the fireplace. They can also recommend good restaurants in the neighborhood.

It's in an older, renovated building, so it has plenty of character while still being modern and classy. The room I stayed in was well appointed, but quite compact. Free wifi and heated bathroom floor tiles were a nice touch. Only minor thing was that it was about 15 degrees out while I was visiting Cambridge and the heating was having a little trouble keeping up with the weather.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights while visiting my son at Harvard. I loved the boutique feel of the hotel, which is wonderfully located 2 blocks from Harvard Yard on a quiet section of Massachusetts Ave. The hotel has been completely redone and is beautifully appointed. The rooms are very small, but the baths are modern and very functional. I loved the espresso machine in the lobby and the quiet atmosphere. You can hear the T (subway) running below the building, but you get used to it quickly. I did have a problem with my room and the staff was quick to fix it. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably quieter, but I had no trouble sleeping on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo