“Yummy grilled mackerel”
Review of Nubar

Nubar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nubar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Number 1 bus line and red line subway both stop nearby
Description: Located under the glow of a Cambridge landmark and in the heart of Harvard Square, Nubar restaurant and lounge is now open at the Sheraton Commander Hotel. A chic neighborhood hangout emphasizing a comfortable bar and dining experience, Nubar restaurant serves food reflective of its surrounding neighborhood: smart, seasonal and approachable.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was traveling alone and was setup in a location that made me feel welcome, but not on display. The waitress was very helpful with wine and menu selection. I ordered a spinach, beet and goat cheese salad, which was excellent and the grilled mackerel special, which was divine. I would definitely recommend Nubar.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

It started that waitress made a mistake, we got soup of the day, instead of clam chowder, when she came back she offered clam chowder, but because we liked soup of the day I asked only to switch one, duck flat bread was good, but Nubar burger instead of meduem came overcooked and dry, waitress did not show up until it was time to pay, I did not want to call manager, but I would not come back

Reviewed 14 October 2013

On 10/11/13 My wife and I ate at Nubar in the Sheraton Hotel in Cambridge. We had just attended a matinee at A.R.T. and were later going to something at Symphony Hall. Nubar was close and advertised in the Playbill.
It was elegantly decorated and a relaxing environment. The wait staff could not have more pleasant and attentive yet were not intrusive. The menu was well thought out and appealing. My wife had a terrific beet salad and the excellent meze plate. I had a peeky toe crab cake (the best crab cake I've ever had) then the chicken breast which was wonderful and had wonderful accompaniments.
Desert was a superb lemon pannacotta. Coffee was strong and smooth

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had dinner there twice during my stay, is open till late, and food is served at the bar or at tables. Very good hamburgers, but also gr8 vegy sandwiches. Beer is good. Nice environment and gr8 service.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stylish and clean interior, and an organised and friendly welcome.
Our server was able to talk us confidently through the menu.
Better value of the wine that we've had elsewhere in town, a really good Bordeaux without breaking the bank.
Both really enjoyed Pork Osso Bucco, which was huge, and delicious.
Good range of whiskies to finished the evening.