“Tasty Venezuelan Food!”

Ranked #77 of 669 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have a small gathering and decided to try Orinoco. The food was great , fresh and tasty. We tried arepas with chicken filling, empanadas (Mushroom and beef), delicious fried plantains, black bneans, rice, and beef.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I was really looking forward to trying Orinoco, but the Guayanesa was badly burned (inedible) on half of the bottom and even the unburned part had so-so flavor. The three Empanadas I had were decent but not great. The 2 people I ate with had slightly better luck but also did not love their food.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

For those of you who don't know, the restaurant is located in an alley so don't panic if you walk on JFK and can't find it. It is just hidden.

My friend and I came here for a light lunch during the weekend, we were glad it isn't packed between the 12-1 golden time. We got the classic Venezuelan pocket with beef, chicken, peppers, and guac. in it. If you see that in a picture, the pocket isn't very big but it's delicious. For us who look for something light, it's perfect, we could have added a salad to split, which based on our observations, seems to be a generous portion.

We did order a dessert - caramel custard. It isn't very sweet. I think it's done beautifully. But I won't call it a must-have.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I'm not quite sure how to rate this restaurant. My wife and I went with our daughter and her husband. They really like it. The food was decent enough, some was really good. The issue for me was the service. In the first place we went really late so I felt rushed the closer they got to closing time. The oddest thing involved getting small plates. Our plan was to order a variety of things and then share. I asked for some "small plates." They never came so I took it upon myself to get four small plates from a stack by the prep area. Not long after that the waiter came to our table and took them away quickly without an explanation. He was very abrupt. Later I asked him why he did that and he claimed he thought they were dirty plates that we wanted taken away. Hmmmm. Maybe I suppose. Overall, I guess I would recommend that you go earlier in the evening.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

First of all, I am Venezuelan . The waiter was attentive , the local clean, and the decor has pieces hand made in Venezuela you can no longer find there. I have some made by the same guy 10 years ago. Now, the food. The tequeños , cheese covered with wheat dough and deep fried , delicious , crispy outside and gooey inside how they are supposed to be and found in any party at home. The first arepa was grilled , with queso de mano , afresh white Venezuelan cheese. That is plain comfort food. The other arepa was Reina Pepeada, originally from Caracas, chicken breast , mayo and avocado . This was a "deconstructed" version with a slice of tomato .Even though not conventional, it was really delicious . The dessert was "quesillo", a flan. Not cheap but is authentic and the food perfectly executed. Will return .