“Few issues but sorted out rapidly”
Review of Kendall Hotel

Kendall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in the Kendall. Staff were very friendly and polite. Location was great for MIT, and had a number of pleasant walks by the river in the morning. Had a few problems like getting stuck in the lift, no hot water for 2 days but once reported, it got sorted out rapidly and compensated well. Food was delicious in the evening.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great staff, friendly front desk.

Stayed for 2 nights and would defiantly recommend.

Nice personal rooms, great atmosphere.

Upon checking in Bryan was helpful, knowledgeable and nice to work with!

I will be back

Room Tip: there is a little noise from the T underground. That might bother some guests I found it part of t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank scooter1961
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The whole place is great with a charming decoration, rooms are comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a great location, since the red line Kendal metro station is just a few meters away. Easy to go to Boston, MIT and Harvard areas. There are some restaurants around, and the Black Sheep, inside the hotel is a great option: delicious food and great service. The only problem was the internet that failed for a few hours during one of the evenings. Apart from that, I can't complain about everything. It's easy to feel at home at Kendall Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Rooms are beautiful decorated, each one personalized. Staff is friendly and breakfast is delicious. Free internet and great happy hours during the week.
The food is good at restaurant and they are friendly at front desk.
Strongly recommend it. Stayed there lot of times and definitively will be my option when back in Cambridge to visit MIT (really better than informal Marriott in front). It is extremely convenient if you are visiting MIT or Kendall Square.

Room Tip: Higher floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and we didn't have any hot water. No explanation except that a part broke and they didn't know when it would be fixed. No offer for a free night. Also, the room was very hot. I didn't sleep the first night and they told me they couldn't fix that either and I should open the window. I really wants to love this place built was a huge disappointment and the management handle dings poorly. Bed was comfy

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jcrdaycare
Brenda A, General Manager at Kendall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest:

I am so pleased to let you know the hot water has been repaired at the Kendall Hotel. My sincerest apologies for this very unfortunate situation - something beyond our control. A big thanks to our great engineering staff; they worked tirelessly with our plumber over the weekend to diagnosis the issue and secure the part needed to repair.

I would very much enjoy speaking with you but have no contact information via TripAdvisor -please feel free to contact me directly at brenda@kendallhotel.com.

My best,
Brenda

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again. It is a heritage hotel and the decor reflects this, and has a very homely atmosphere. The rooms are very comfortable and are spotlessly clean. The toiletries are very good. Breakfast is included and it is good. Wireless internet is free and works very well. It is very close to the subway. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Kendall to attend the Holiday Pops at Symphony Hall. The hotel was decorated for Christmas which added to the special occasion. We have stayed at the Kendall at least a half a dozen times over the last few years and have always had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are clean, high end toiletries, comfortable beds, friendly staff and a breakfast buffet with fresh eggs, yogurt, and fruit. Sleep is a priority for me and the Kendall is a quiet oasis. We have never heard people in adjoining rooms nor been awaken by trash trucks in the morning, like we have at the Marlowe. The lobby area is a pleasant place to sit, have a drink and enjoy the company of other quests. We have enjoyed meeting people from other countries.

I travel a lot for work and often stay at a Marriott or Hilton because I earn points and get upgrades with their loyalty programs. But when we travel for pleasure I look for a hotel that is going to give me more than points. The Kendall has always provided a relaxing beach head in a wonderful city to enjoy. We park the car in the underground garage and either walk or take the T, which is just down the block, around Boston. In addition to the onsite restaurant, there is a Legal Seafoods across the street, the Blue Room, Hungry Mother, Flour Bakery, EVOO and other fine restaurants are within an easy walk in a wonderful part of Cambridge. The MIT campus is right next store and the Charles River Esplanade is only a few blocks away which makes for an enjoyable walk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple