“Love this hotel!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
“Love this hotel!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is my favorite hotel. I stay here every time I am here on business and I have been here throughout all seasons. Location is easy to get around. Plenty of eating establishments in walking distance. Old world charm is appealing and very comfortable. Intimate eating with a suitable bar. Come for the atmosphere!

Room Tip: Very eclectic. The atmosphere cannot be replicated anywhere else. When I am in this area for busines...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patti S
Brenda A, General Manager at Kendall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
So nice to read that you are a very repeat customer and glad you enjoy our decor. Owners and management have spent countless hours getting the hotel's aesthetic just right. The family that created this hotel had a unique vision, and that vision was executed wonderfully. Hope to see ya again soon.

My best,
Brenda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Arrived very early after disembarkation from cruise ship. Front desk took our luggage and held it for us until late that evening when we actually checked in. Room was lovely and happened to be next to the roof top area with a computer and lounge area. Had a wonderful night's sleep. Breakfast was plentiful and the food was good. It was a lovely day and we had breakfast outside. We again left our bags while we toured Boston. When we came back, the front desk promptly called a cab and within minutes, we were headed to Logan Airport. The only drawback was that our stay was way too short. I would have loved to have more time to explore the hotel. I will definitely be recommending the Kendall to friends and hope to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelly S
Thank you for sharing your great experience at The Kendall! Sorry to hear that your stay was so brief -- that just means you have to come back to visit for a longer stay sometime in the near future.

La Celle Saint Cloud
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stay in Kendall every time I visit Boston. It provides this special, intimate atmosphere, excellent access to MIT and other schools, as well as private parking. Rooms are well equipped with fast internet. Food in the restaurant is ok and bar offers wine selection. The owner, Brenda, is often around to ensure that everyone is treated properly.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the upgrade to the suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you - what an honor - Best In Cambridge! I so enjoy being around the hotel and getting to know our guests - it is important to me and the family who owns the hotel to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience at The Kendall!

Cheers,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Quite well located, with an old world charm, this hotel however did not quite appeal to me. Pretty small rooms and the restaurant is also quite tiny. However, the management must be complemented for sticking to the heritage appeal of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Krishna D
I'm sorry that The Kendall was not too your liking. All of our room are different; the standard queen being our smallest but to many of our guests preference -- they are located in the original fire-station and once were the firemen’s dorms. Our deluxe rooms – the majority of rooms in the hotel, are over-sized. I hope you will stay with us again and reserve the larger deluxe room category. Thank you for recognizing our commitment to preserving the building’s historic past.

My best,
Beachwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Kendall July 25-27. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. If you enjoy boutique hotels over chains, I highly recommend The Kendall. From the call to reserve the room to the morning we checked out, the staff was ultra professional, efficient and super friendly. We had a very late arrival, approximately 1:30 am but there was no problem accomodating us. We even received a complimentary upgrade to a King room (had booked a Queen) upon check in! The lobby gives a beautiful first impression, combining Colonial repro antiques, a Fire Department theme and edgy folk art. The clock is amazing. There is a quick elevator ride to our floor and our room was ten steps away. This is not a large hotel but the room was quite sizable, especially for an historic building. There are more antiques in the hallways. Our floor (2nd) had a display cabinet filled with men's hats and shaving memorabilia, straight razors, brushes and shaving cream cups.

Inside the room, there is more than enough drawer space in 2 dressers, a large closet with iron/board, a large desk, 2 wood chairs and one upholstered chair. One dresser is positioned as a nightstand and there is another nightstand for the other occupant. The cost of the wireless is included as an additional charge and we had absolutely no problem logging on and using the internet. I don't recall there being any HBO. Hmm. The bathroom had a large cabinet to store toiletries, a beautiful white pedestal sink and a plastictub/shower combo. The tub surprised me because everything else was so beautifully designed. There was a very large showerhead but the water pressure was just so-so. Also the hot water was super hot. So hot I had to warn my wife to be careful. The room was quiet, we never heard other patrons talking or flushing or television as you sometimes do in other hotels.

Every morning the hotel offers a serve yourself, buffet breakfast downstairs. We had absolutely no complaints about the breakfast. The two days we were there the offerings were: scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, sausage and bacon, oatmeal, muesli, fresh and dried fruit, hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, bread for toast, scones and pastries. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, OJ and pink grapefruit juice. Everything was hot and refreshed quickly. There was ample seating, and in nice weather they open the doors and put a couple tables on the sidewalk or there is a small patio on the side also. Over all very nice and a money saver in an expensive town.

The parking was an extra $25.00 per night. We considered it a bargain as finding street parking can be difficult. Some hotels in Boston proper charge as much as $50 per night for parking. The parking is an underground garage below the hotel and there is an elevator to the hotel. The turn down to parking is super tight but I had no issues with my almost full size car.

The Kendall is literally located about 50 steps from the entrance to the T, Boston's subway system. This is the Red Line. To get to the North End, Harbor, etc you have to transfer a couple times to Blue Line and Green Line. The trains were clean, safe and easy to navigate.

Overall, we had a quite enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to return. TripAdvisor was spot on, this is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sgruver1
Thank you for your recommendation. The Kendall is designed to be an oasis from the hectic urban surroundings. A home away from home is what we strive to provide, and it sounds as if that is exactly what you experienced. We do our best to ensure a tranquil and quiet stay.Glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and I am currently looking into whether there were any issues with the shower in your room.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was very excited to stay in this hotel after reading all the raves. Unfortunately I don't like "quaint" and "charming" after all. Our room was very small and in two sections: one with three windows and one with none. The bedroom part had the windows, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The space was so small that I felt uncomfortable. There was a heavy quilt on he foot of the bed in addition to a quilt of some sort between two bed sheets--way to much for the warm weather and no where to store the, but the floor. The bathroom had only one light and here was no space to put toiletries given that a small glass shelf leaned so badly that things slipped off within a few seconds. There was no towel bar near the sink, nor was there a courtesy hook for any clothes or towels near the shower.

The closet space was small, but there were a reasonable of hangers available. There was a small dresser but the drawers were very difficult to open. We had a very small couch and a dining room-type chair in the dark room--no work station at all.

Breakfast was OK--it was served cafeteria style in one room and eaten on their restaurant, which also has outdoor seating, weather permitting. When the outdoor section was not open, the restaurant space was not large enough to accommodate everyone.

The room was clean and quaint and charming, but was not a comfortable space for me.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the tower
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brenda A, General Manager at Kendall Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Part of the charm of The Kendall is that every room is different. The family behind the Kendall took the time to personally design and appoint each and every room. All the quilts and blankets were hand selected, and are placed in every room, regardless of the season, to give options to all preferences. We offer a few different room types and several different rate packages. Your room was a Queen room, our smallest room type, that was in the Historic section-located in the Victorian Firehouse section of the building. Some people cherish the Historic rooms and request them whenever they stay. Others, like yourself, might not find them as charming as some of the other rooms available. For those who prefer more space, our deluxe king rooms are in our new tower and offer very ample space

The breakfast is served buffet style, and trays are offered if guests would prefer to take their breakfast up to their room. I am sorry that your room was not to your liking, but I am sure that if you give us another chance that we can find a room to your liking – and please ensure you reserve the deluxe king room type.

Kindest regards,
West Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I say "among the best" because I think Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons are great hotels too. This is what I like about The Kendall:

- Friendly and super helpful staff
- Nice/comfortable/clean rooms
- The lobby (and the background music selection there)
- The Black Sheep Restaurant
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Convenient location
- Interior design
- Their competitive pricing

I have stayed at The Kendall many times, alone and otherwise, and will do so again unless there is no vacancy (which has happened to me a few times as well). Book early!!

P.S. At the Black Sheep, try their New England Cheeses appetizer -- YUMMY

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MrRDF
Thank you for your kind words. One of the owners of the Kendall spent 3 weeks creating a playlist of over 600 songs for our lobby music. I'm sure she is going to enjoy hearing that all her time was well spent. I will also pass along your compliments to our chef.

Please do reach out to me next time you are in town, (if we show we are sold out, please call me, I sometimes keep aside a few rooms for our repeat guests) I would very much like to extend an upgrade to one of our luxury suites.

brenda@kendallhotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Boston Harbor Hotel
#2 of 83 in Boston
Charles Hotel
#3 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Kendall Hotel? Share your experiences!