“Fabulous as always!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Fabulous as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hotel Marlowe consistently goes above and beyond to make their guests feel comfortable and special. My husband and I stay in this hotel exclusively when we go to Boston and always take our Boston Terrier, Lucy. The wine hour is not to be missed and we have enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Bambara. The Marlowe is full of special surprises for their guests!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view have a gorgeous view of the Charles River!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I LOVE Lucy! (Sorry couldn't resist...) But seriously, thank you much for staying with us and we look forward to having you back!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I love Kimptons, especially since they make it easy to travel with dogs. I’ve stayed at the Hotel Marlowe a number of times, and always had a good experience. The rooms are nice and large, and the Marlowe is right next to a shopping mall if you discover you need anything. Very convenient if you need to get to MIT, the biotechs or anything else in the Kendall Square area, but not the best choice if you’re going to be heading to Harvard Square.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
And we love you right back! Thanks for the great review!

Westerly, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've stayed at the Marlowe several times this month. It is a good, clean hotel for business purposes. Plus side - the beds are super. Minus - a few light bulbs were non-functional in each room. Housekeeping was good, not fabulous. They forgot to replace the towels and shampoo one day. I was surprised by a $100 per night difference between my stays. One trip I paid $150 per night, the prior week, the rate was $250 night for the same room.

Room Tip: inside rooms look over the parking courtyard with a bit of noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thanks for continuing to stay with us throughout the month, I appreciate it. I will personally look into the things you mention about housekeeping and make sure they are corrected.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had researched this Hotel on tripadvisor and others and perfectly understand why it receives such great reviews.

There is a great friendly atmosphere throughout the Hotel, all of the staff are excellent and nothing was ever too much. This was my first ever stay at a Kimpton Hotel and I would have no hesitation in using the 'chain' again in the future for either a business or a personal stay.

Do join the Kimpton "InTouch" membership to obtain free WiFi, a membership scheme that rewards you for more stays and a number of other perks / advantages.

I particularly liked receiving an e-mail a few days before my stay asking if I wanted a particular photo in my room - sure enough it was there waiting for me when I arrived, which I though was a great touch.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Boston have a fantastic view - worth asking at check-in to see if one is available for...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hard to argue with perfection :-)

Joe Capalbo, General Manager
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Love, love, love this quaint hotel! From the moment I step out of my vehicle
(valet parked!) you are treated like a friend! The well placed lobby fire place welcomes you, draws you in to sit and relax both mind and body.. SO cozy! I am always charmed by your funky rooms decorated to dazzle with super plush velvet headboards and those comfy fur throws! I sleep like a baby on those silky Frette sheets!!! Want to take home one of the fun thick terry robes someday.. the Leopard style please!

While my trips are always pure pleasure I would very much recommend that business travelers hop on over to experience this Chic little find! Convenient to all attractions there is also great shopping right next door! Don't forget to bring your pets! The Marlowe caters to your fur babies too! Treats and fresh water are always ready!

Room Tip: I loved my last room 617, I was given it as a free upgrade! Gorgeous view of the river and the Zakim...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at our first Kimpton property a little more than four years ago, the Hotel Marlowe, and have been hooked ever since. We were lucky enough to return for a second time and it was just as enjoyable. We chose the self parking for $20 a night that is accessible through the hotel (this is cheap for the Boston area). We arrived early and were upgraded to a king room overlooking the Charles River. The rooms are very decent in size for two people with fun, eclectic decor (don't forget to don your animal print robes!). Bathrooms are small, but clean and organized with great water pressure. Every night Kimptons host a complementary wine hour in their living room from 5-6 and Marlowe also provided some light snacks. Hotel is in a nice location - 5 minute walk to the Lechmere T stop, next to a mall if you need anything, and a nice 15-20 minute walk toward Kendall/MIT area for some local restaurants and pubs. The best thing about Hotel Marlowe is the staff! You can not say enough about their friendliness and care for every hotel guest. Every employee greets you as you walk through the door, asks how your day is going, offers up assistance, and acknowledges you as you walk past. Thankfully we have the opportunity to stay in another Kimpton property in December.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We pride ourselves on great service, so thanks for pointing that out!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel Marlowe. The service started even before I arrived with a call to the concierge asking about transportation issues. She was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. We did not have our dogs with us, but there are little four-legged and some big four-legged friends coming and going. It has a wonderful atmosphere but is not intrusive. I did not hear one bark the entire time. The rooms are extremely well done, and the beds very comfortable. It felt very high-end, but we did not pay a high-end, snooty price. Every day they offer wine at happy hour for free in the lobby. I highly recommend signing up for the Kimpton hotel loyalty plan, which gave me free Wi-Fi, and a complementary paper in the morning. The Cambridge Galleria Mall is connected via a series of doors to the hotel itself. This is a bonus if you want to do some quick shopping or grab a quick bite and it is as frigid as it was the weekend that we were there. Otherwise, it is a 20 minute walk to the Boston Garden to watch the Celtics play, and about half of that to the Museum of science. MIT is another 20 minute walk in the other direction. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful, without the usual off – shift grumps you can find it anyplace. Anytime I'm in Boston, I will come back here first.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the kind words, I think we are pretty cool as well. The InTouch program is definitely a must even if just for the free Wifi, but there are alot of other cool perks too!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#5 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,231 reviews

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!