“Great New Year's Eve Stay”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Great New Year's Eve Stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am late in writing this review but I can't say enough how awesome the Hotel Marlowe way.

I stayed at Hotel Marlowe for New Year's Eve 2014. This was a last minute stay to extend my inner circle status for 2014 but I couldn't have had better service or a nicer staff. The booking process was easy and a last minute deal made it really affordable for New Year's Eve so off from New York City we went.

At check in I we were greeted nicely and told by the front desk that we had been upgraded to the Presidential Suite. The hotel had heard about a rough year I had personally so they wanted to take extra special care of me. I've been to many Kimpton properties 10+ but I've never received an upgrade like this, the room was amazing. It was huge and had everything you could want. The views of the river were fantastic. I had a pet goldfish Emeril Lagasse already set up in my room. I went out for a bit and was welcomed back with an amazing welcome amenity and 2 cards from the staff of the hotel. I've never felt more appreciated as a guest of the hotel. For New Year's Eve we went to dinner at Bambara the food was very good. We could also see both Boston fireworks shows from our room.

As for the neighborhood the hotel is in itself it is outside Boston in Cambridge so it isn't in the most active area. It is connected to a mall which you can get to through a shared parking garage which is good for when it is cold. The mall also offers a shuttle to the T which comes in handy to get around the Boston area. We were able to explore around without driving which was nice. I would recommend Hotel Marlowe to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the Boston Area.

Thank you again to all your awesome staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: A high floor will give you the best views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Reviews like this one make me smile from ear to ear and so proud, thank you for sharing! I am glad that we were able to take extra special care of you and I appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and staff! You even got upgraded to our Presidential (something that doesn't happen very often, so I am so happy you got to experience it!)

Thanks again!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Hebrew first
Lewes, DE
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came up for job interviews in February, and had nothing but an amazing experience! Not only were we greeted with the best front desk staff but they went above and beyond their duties to make our stay great. We had forgotten a few things for the interviews and the hotel staff helped us get exactly what we needed & even sent up some "Brain Food" to our room for good luck! It must have worked, because we landed the jobs and we are moving to the Boston area! Another highly recommend Kimpton Hotel!

Room Tip: Join the In Touch program to ensure your best stay!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Congrats on the job, that's awesome! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Centerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Our stay was great, not only was our room beautiful, we had a goldfish there to great us! There for my friends birthday, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Valet was great and quick, Front Desk staff were all lovely. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much! I am thrilled you had such a great time and we can't wait to have you back.

boston
Reviewed 17 February 2014

this was my first stay with a kimpton hotel I always wanted to stay at one of their hotels,I was at the one in cambridge ma.the hotel is accessible from the galleria mall,which have retail stores and three sit down restaraunts and a food court.the hotel is clean I felt welcomed and the room I had was spacious and clean,nice linens and king bed flat screen and robes and info on boston.

Room Tip: i was on the third floor in the middle and you can hear the person above you turning on the shower
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hopefully the first of many! Thank you so much!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great stay at the Hotel Marlow. Beautiful facility, very nice and helpful front desk, tasteful room, nice furnishings and toiletries, fun mini-bar, efficient (but small) work-out room, great bed and linens...

Two small nits prevented me from rating this a five - star.
- On my first evening, I had to wait a long time for a cab -- over 10 minutes. I think its the bell-persons job to have the kind of relationships with cab companies that keep them available for the guests
- Front desk noted my special preference for bottled water, but none ever appeared. Why mention it if you don't intend to deliver?

Room Tip: not all rooms face the exterior, some face an internal courtyard...its not ugly, but its not really...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thanks for sharing especially about the cabs and the missed preferences. I will personally address those. The water is easier to fix, the cab drivers sometimes have a mind of their own and try as we might it's hard to get them here, especially in bad weather, but your point is noted.

Thanks again!

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was a return visit for us and it won't be our last. We don't get to sneak away from our business very much so when we do it's important that it's right.

The rooms with a king bed have a unique and comfortable style. The linens, the towels, the bath amenities are top notch. There's a large flat screen TV in the room, free WIFI, and amazing floor to ceiling windows. I own my own inn in CT so I do pay attention to these things. Everything was spotless.

We travel with our dogs and for a city hotel the location is perfect. We just go out the front do and a few steps away is a nice green park and walkway along the river. The staff always greets the dogs like I would and they provide dog biscuits at the door and dog beds in the room.

Speaking of the staff - amazing. Professional. Kind, Courteous. Helpful. From checkin to to check. One cool perk is the rewards program. When we checked in we were invited to raid the mini bar. It was a $10 voucher to have whatever we wanted from the minibar - or you could us it in the hotel bar. Very cool. The large bottle of water came in handy over night.

Love the Hotel Marlowe and love the Kimpton brand. We'll seek them out in other cities when we get away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
"It really doesn't get better"...that's how we feel too. Thanks for sharing your experience, and as a inn owner yourself, you know the importance of good service, a clean hotel, and a comfortable stay so thank you for pointing that out. We hope to have you back!

Boston
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my 30th and loved it!! The staff was super friendly and personable. When we checked in we had missed the evening wine service so they offered us a voucher for a glass at the restaurant. It's all about the little things!

They were able to give us a room with a view, and even though we were extremely close to the elevator I was never bothered by the noise. The decor was awesome, there was a phone in the bathroom!, the hair dryer was of "normal" strength, there was a very nice cosmetic mirror, an alarm clock with docking station, bathrobes, mini bar (at cost), and they even recycle! Loved everything about it!!

This is a great option if you're visiting Boston and looking for a reasonable room rate. Hotel is connected to a mall with various dining options and is convenient to public transportation, depending on the weather you'd even be able to walk to many area attractions.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy you got to spend a milestone event with us, happy birthday again! Thanks for pointing out how great your stay was from start to finish! I hope to have you back with us again to celebrate #31....

Thanks!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Back Bay
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 83 in Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!