“Nice business trip”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I attended a conference held at Hotel Marlowe. Check-in and check-out were easy. Guest rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel meeting rooms were located on the second floor. Food provided by the hotel was standard fare. The hotel is located right on the river and the rest of Cambridge is easily accessible via a walk along the river. Nice hotel, I would stay here again if I needed to stay in Cambridge.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank djl485
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully your business brings you back to Cambridge soon!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here for a week for a mix of business and pleasure. Check in process was smooth.
Room was clean and cleaned daily from a dust/ spotless perspective, but I didn't feel like the cleaning service tidied up my own items as much as other hotels do.
Bed was comfortable. TV was annoying since I noticed the first few channels were ads, and if I flipped through them, sometimes TV would revert back to them. Mini bar was locked which I found strange.

Only real storage were the nightstand drawers and closet. No dresser and a very tiny bathroom counter- this was annoying since I had to live out of my suitcase for a 7 day trip in a 'top hotel'.

Location good since near the Green line and red line- runs and walks along the Charles always magnificent.

I wish that the staff explained to me more of the amenities about the hotel, such as the happy hour, gym, etc. It's always a shame to me when hotels have a lot to offer but a busy guest needs to figure them out for themselves.

Parking and laundry service very easy and convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I will personally make sure to share it with the front office team. It's always great to get the guest point of view...it helps us improve, so thank you!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I love this chain and really like their approach. I love dogs but I don't like staying in the same rooms that they live in so the whole dog friendly thing is a little much for me but as long as I can get a no pet room I'm ok. The Marlowe has great staff, a good restaurant but it's time to refit the rooms - ridiculous how little storage is in the rooms and how the bathroom has a counter top big enough for only a few items.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate your feedback and know that we have a handful of rooms that are "pet friendly" and any time a 4 legged companion occupies one of them, there is extensive cleaning done to that room so it is ready for our 2 legged guests. We pride ourselves on cleanliness, so don't worry about a thing!

Thanks for the great comments on the staff and restaurant and I will be sure to pass along the feedback about the storage space to the designer when the time comes for our next rooms refresh.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights for meetings. Very comfy beds by my taste, complete with featherbeds, but others in our group found them too soft. Hotel was quiet, very few slamming doors. The hotel did a very nice job for our meetings, supplying breakfast, meeting materials, etc. Just watch out for the box lunches. They were not much and very expensive. Only ate breakfast in the rest./bar and it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the great review and I agree, the beds are amazingly comfortable! I appreciate the kind words!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I know why I love Kimpton properties, the staff is exceptional, the rooms are delightful and my view is always spectacular! I loved ,y stay this visit, how can you not love Cambridge and watching the Harvard and Yale men practice on the river each morning. Beautiful views, great fun and a wonderful trip!

I was upgraded to a wonderful suite, this was my fourth or fifth stay and I have had excellent service every single time!

I love the cute small mall for a little shopping next door. Nothing beats a walk by the river though!

Room Tip: FAcing the river of course!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Wow, this is great, thank you! I agree, that walk (or run) along the river is pretty impressive. We even have a team of managers that run twice week with our guests. Maybe next time you can join us!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Always enjoy kimpton hotels. The service is great. Marlowe has a great location. Nice vibe. comfy room. great bed. However a severe lack of space for things...no drawers to speak of in the room no counter space in the bathroom. Whoever designed the room clearly never stayed there with luggage!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for the feedback, so sorry about the lack of space, definitely not what we were shooting for with the design. Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just came back from a weekend holiday in Boston. Really the first time in this city, and although this hotel may not be in the center, I am glad we stayed here. On a nice day you can easily take a walk to the city (20 min or so) or you can take a green or red line subway train into the center. The receptionists were friendly and professional. Overall decoration of the hotel was very stylish and pleasant. We found cute leopard and zebra patterned robes and yoga mat in the room, and nicely scented Etro shampoo, conditioner and body cream in the bathroom. According to the sign in the bathroom, things you may have forgot to bring, like toothpastes, chargers, hair-irons and dryers can be requested. In exchange for this comfort, why spend more $$ and stay in a smaller, noisier place in downtown?!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the courtyard and the parking, not much to see but I can testify the quietness a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We are glad you stayed here too! Thanks for the great review!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT
#11 of 19 in Cambridge
Downtown
InterContinental Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!