“Great Location and service”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Great Location and service”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Smiling staff, outstanding room service and great location. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I visited for a business trip and stayed for the week. I had numerous packages sent to the hotel and the staff were more than helpful to see that they arrived to my room quickly. I was also sick for 2 of the days and one of the staff went out of her way to ensure I had a good supply of hot tea!

Great hotel for business trips!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thanks for sharing, hope you are feeling better!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed there for one night. The hotel is in very good location. There is a Mall next to the Hotel and we found several nice restaurants around the corner. Do not take the continental breakfast facing the front door. Food and service are not worth the money. It's better to order room service or just go out to eat. Other than that everything else is great.

Room Tip: Do choose the room with a view. We stayed at room 705. The view is pleasant.
Green Features: For people stay more than two days. You can offer no room service just change the towels on demand with cheaper price. That might help the people use less towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate your feedback. Just a quick note on the food service near the door, that is very temporary while Bambara (our restaurant) is going through a refresh. In Mid-August, all will be right with the world again (they will be open again)

Thanks,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a hotel which is just quirky enough to be really good. Offers lots of extras but you need to really read the notices to understand. Easy connecting walk to major shopping centre which has everything plus an extra 200 metres from the shops to the train station. bonus. Very obliging staff and the fun drinks from 5-6pm add to the ambience. Can access Harvard or Boston downtown easily on the train. Need to be careful of room as lower levels can be noisy if on the main road.

Green Features: Above 3 or 4. Not at front unless at least 5 or above
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great review! I am happy you had a great experience!

København
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed one night at Hotel Marlowe during our vacation. Easy to get to by public transport. Beautiful lobby, hallways and room. Great decor. The room was very clean and modern!

The hotel is within walking distance to several cozy areas, both in Cambridge and Beacon Highs (Pass Longfellow Bridge). It was great that the hotel had maps with rutes to run. If raining nice fitness room. There is a shopping mall right next to the hotel if you need anything.

Unfortunately we were not impressed by the welcome or the farewell we got at the front desk, where we were served by the same male employee both days. He appeared absent and as if it was a routine expedition. Some would say snobby. It's not OK for a hotel of this standard and not random when it happens two days in a row.

We, however, was very satisfied with the employee who was in charge of parking. Good humor and very service minded!! Please let him know.

Green Features: It is my impression that Marlowe takes care about the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback and I can assure you that employee will be spoken too. We have a great service culture and it's clear that not all of our employees are getting that message. It will be addressed, I can promise you that.

Thanks for sharing.

Woodbridge
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Chose the hotel through great reviews on Trip Advisor and it absolutely met my expectations. I was in Cape Cod the week prior on business and just needed 1 night in Boston before heading home.The hotel is beautiful! Rooms were very clean and spacious, grounds of the hotel are well kept. I loved the little extras - infused water at the check in desk, berry lemonade in the corridor and the wine hour at 5. Though I didn't indulge, it was a great option.

Its right at the edge of Cambridge, so there are not a lot of "touristy" options in walking distance, but its a nice location to walk to the T to get you where you want to go. It is a short walk to the Science Museum, the connected mall and lots of beautiful harbor views. I went out walking for a few hours and covered quite a bit of ground. The highlight for me was actually the doorman that worked the evening shift on Thursday, 7/24/14. He was great! Very helpful and very friendly. The front desk staff were fine, nothing spectacular, but very knowledgeable and helpful. They gave great info but were somewhat robotic- in other words, it was apparent that they answered the same questions multiple times a day and while they were kind and patient, it wasn't the genuine customer service feel that I got from the doorman. He was genuinely interested in speaking to each guest. Each time I walked by, he knew where I was going, asked how I enjoyed it, if he could help, etc. He gave great suggestions for the area as well. It had gotten to the point where I asked the front desk, then went and asked his opinion of the choices they gave. :) The view from my room faced the entry and I could see him consistently engaging with guests. I regret that I didn't get his name because he was top-notch! I would absolutely stay at the property again and would certainly recommend it for a stay in the area

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Great review! THanks for the thorough description of your stay, especially the kind words about our doorman. They are all great, so it's nice when they are recognized for their efforts. I will share your comments about the FD with them, robotic is NOT what we are going for and will be addressed. Thanks for sharing and more importantly thanks for staying!

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location, very attentive staff, I loved the free loaner bikes -- high quality. Not the standard business hotel -- clean, friendly, different. Kimpton frequent stay program lets you raid the minibar -- a $10 credit, another plus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert W
Thanks for the great feedback, you can also Raid the Bar too and get a $10 credit their as well!

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my family's second stay at the Marlowe. I again had business to conduct in Boston. Attentive staff, location and the quality of accommodation for the price was the reason for our return visit. Amanda greeted us at the front desk at check in on July 20, 2014. She was happy to see us, politely professional and eagerly accommodated all of our special room requests and questions, a Marlowe / Kimpton specialty. She gave us the keys, or should I say swipe cards, to room 629 ($222.00 plus tax and $20.00 for self parking.) which was immaculately clean and picture perfect with its swell view of the Charles River and Boston skyline. I enjoyed a complimentary cocktail (Thanks Amanda!) from the minibar and watched the world go by from a comfy chair while my wife and son explored the nearby science museum. Upon check out on July 21st a different and equally charming and poised Amanda greeted us. We had a pleasant chat and a laugh over my family being checked-in and checked out by two different Amandas. She was warmly professional and happy to review the bill with me. Thank you Hotel Marlowe for a comfortable and relaxing visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Great shout out too Amanda squared! We love having them both and even more importantly I am so happy you had a great stay!

Thanks!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kendall Hotel
Back Bay
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 83 in Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!