“A great hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“A great hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter, grand daughter and I stayed for 4 days and it was the best service we ever had from employees, there was even a lovely surprise for my grand daughter, a real goldfish was delivered to the room, she was so happy about that. The beds, pillows were fantastic, it was hard getting up, they were so comfortable. When visiting the states again we would definitely look up this chain! The grounds are well kept and the door person very helpful!

• Stayed August 2014
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Who doesn't love a little goldfish companion to keep you company while you visit?? I am so happy the 3 generations of your family enjoyed your stay. Thanks for sharing!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Hebrew first
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the King Suite with a view and I loved the unique decor and detail of this room. Hotel Marlowe is in a nice location! It Is close to the mall and there are several places to eat nearby. The service was great. Concierge recommended a nice Thai restaurant for my fiancé and I. The place he recommended had great food. I have no complaints and I highly recommend staying here if you are coming to visit Boston/ Cambridge, MA!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Love the king suites, great views! Thanks for sharing and we can't wait to have you back!

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to Boston for the weekend so we were looking to be close to tourist things to see as much as possible and hotel Marlowe is in an excellent location.

Hotel: Friendly and helpful staff, very elegant and clean, the restaurant downstairs has an excellent buffet breakfast (little on the pricey side but very good), there are always taxi ready to take you where you need to go and it is very centrally located.

Location: Musem of Science only 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. About a 25 minute walk to the North End (a must see part of Boston). Across the street from the hotel is beautiful walking path along the waterfront with very nice restaurants with the view of the water. Attached to the hotel is a 3-level mall full of name brand stores and great food court.. to name a few things.

Room Tip: We had room 312...I highly recommend to ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I really appreciate the kind words, I will be sharing this with all of our employees!

Thanks!

Moray
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Will try and keep this balanced since it is a good hotel and we had a great time.

We always try and book a Kimpton hotel when holidaying in USA and stayed here from 9th to 19th July. Disappointed to have room on 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard since I had been in contact twice prior requesting a high floor and a view of Boston if possible and was told this had been noted. Room however was large, comfortable and very clean, as was the whole hotel.

There was very noisy work being undertaken in the restaurant during our stay and given that I had been in contact I think we could have been told, or again given the length of our stay compared to business guests, given a quieter room. Have to say though that hotel, in true Kimpton style, went above and beyond in recompensing us for this.

Continental breakfast was good but was moved around a bit I think because the restaurant was off limits and while the wine hour is always great at a Kimpton hotel the reception layout does not really lend itself to guests getting together and chatting. Maybe it would have taken place in the restaurant if it had been open?

Like some other reviewers my wife and I did feel that it is more of a business hotel and certainly during our stay there were at least a couple of conferences. Staff though were professional and friendly, particularly those who were very welcoming at the door, offering suggestions and asking where we had been during the day.

Boston itself was excellent. We walked everywhere and even included a train journey to Salem. Our highlights would be Beacon Hill, Bunker Hill, State House, Harvard, a boat trip on the Charles River and a few hours using the bicycles available from the hotel to cycle up and down both sides of the river.

Loved our holiday but the Marlowe, while an excellent hotel, didn't quite feel like a Kimpton to us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomMoray
Thanks for sharing and sorry the experience was a bit different from the norm. We are excited about our newly refreshed restaurant opening in Mid-August, but have had to deal with some "odd" things during the work, namely the relocation of the breakfast to the living room. I promise though, we are close to being back to normal!

Thanks,

San Francisco
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We loved the executive suite at the Marlowe. Quite room, a large king bed, and an adjoining sitting room with sleeper sofa. Good for a family. Good layout - the bathroom is accessible from both rooms, which is nice. The bathroom rocked - huge soaking tub, big shower stall, etc. The staff is nice, the location is convenient. We didn't eat there but we did not a wine reception every afternoon in the lobby. The fitness room was well-equipped, and there is free wifi if you become a Kimpton member (no charge). We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Executive suite was perfect for a family
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words! The Executive Suites are my favorite and well worth the price of admission in my opinion!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was so clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The parking was $20 a night which was the cheapest in comparison to other hotels in the area. Their are taxis always available outside of the hotel. TD garden is a seven minute walk from the hotel and the hotel is connected to the mall. I had a great experience at this hotel and definitely recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate the great review. I love that you timed the walk to TD Garden, we are so close!

Thanks,

Grafton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is my husbands and my second stay at Hotel Marlowe. I wrote them a great review last time and I'm writing another.

We came for our anniversary and let them know ahead of time that we actually got engaged the last time we stayed there. We arrived to find that we were put in the same room as last time which was on a high floor with a view that I think you normally have to upgrade to. Rachel thought it was a nice touch and so did we. Not long after we got in we received champagne, chocolate, fruit, and a handwritten note as a gift from the front desk. They gave us some free drink tickets too for the bar as a congratulation for our anniversary. To say they go above and beyond is an understatement.

We had a bit of an issue with the guests next door being VERY loud and clearly drunk in the wee hours of the morning. There was a wedding there that night so I assumed they were guests on a high from the nights festivities. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and assumed that after an hour or so they would quiet down and go to sleep. They didn't. It was actually getting worse and another person showed up who was even louder. So at 4am, I called the front desk because we couldn't sleep. Within minutes the phone rang next door and it was taken care of. Thanks! My complaint reflects the guests and not the hotel.

The hotel staff is great - friendly and accommodating. The bartender makes a MEAN sangria. I'm drooling just thinking about it. I'd kill for a glass right now!

We will return again. This hotel is a great value for the area and I will probably never bother to look for another hotel when we stay in Boston. Yeah, it's a tiny bit out of the way in Cambridge but hotels IN Boston are just not in our price range. Great staff, stylish and clean rooms, comfy and attractive bar, LGBT friendly, wine reception in the evening, free coffee/tea in the morning to set you on your way. And they not only allow pets, but treat them like rockstars, which I think...rocks.

Stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for this (again :-))....can't wait to have you back with us. Reviews like this make me smile all the time!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Back Bay
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 83 in Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!