“A fantastic place to stay”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Ireland
“A fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2009

A fantastic hotel in a lovely area, with the friendliest staff in the world. Nothing was too much trouble for the brilliant staff, anytime night or day, if they did not know the answer to a question they soon found out for you. An amazing place to stay and I can not recommend it highly enough. I do not know how anyone can find fault with such a beautiful place. For all you shopping lover out there it is attached to a 3 story shopping centre. Heaven

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2009
Dear triptakergal,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe. I can see you enjoyed your stay! I'm especially happy to see how highly you spoke of our staff. We pride ourselves on our personalized, friendly service. We hope to see you back at the Marlowe soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Hebrew first
Lafayette, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

We scheduled a corporate training event here for 48 people who would be attending from various companies. The hotel sent us a contract, which we promptly signed. The hotel told us we had the conference room reserved but then did not send us a countersigned agreement and later told us that they were giving the conference room to another organization because that organization was holding a larger event. They completely violated the contracted we had signed with them. I will never again stay at another Kimpton.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank mikecohn
mholz, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2009
We completely understand the frustration and apologize for the inconvenience.

There were multiple issues and circumstances beyond our control which would not allow the Hotel Marlowe to host the event. The Hotel Marlowe has earned a
reputation for being one of the best luxury hotels in the Boston and Cambridge area and it prides itself on offering world class service and amenities.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Management
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

This is an upscale but not a snooty hotel. It was comfortable, super clean, safe, the staff was extremely friendly. We just don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. I wish it was a little closer to my daughter's school, but I'd probably stay here again anyway. Other reviewers cautioned about the abundance of animal prints in the uphoulstery, etc. They were defininitely everywhere, but the decor is tastefully done and not "weird" at all. Others has mentioned the free shuttle to the T, and the indoor route to the neighboring mall. We took advantage of both. I would recommend verifying the times of the shuttle. We didn't do so, so we walked from the T to the hotel each night, and I don't think the shuttle ran on Sunday at all.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2009
Dear NCMtnLady98,
We very much appreciate the review of your recent stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe! I'm glad you found the rooms comfortable and the staff friendly. I hope we can welcome you back to the Marlowe next time you're in Cambridge!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Marlowe Hotel while visiting colleges in Boston. We loved the location next door to a nice shopping mall and a 5mn walk to the Lechmere T-station. The room was nice and very comfortable. We had a wonderful view over the Charles river and the museum of science and Boston. The mall has a Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen (plus a food court) and there are a couple of good restaurants within 5-10mn walk. We had great Thai food at Similans on 1st street, and there's also a popular Afghan restaurant next door. The staff at Marlowe was helpful and friendly. Note that it's a long walk to MIT (we took the cab as it was freezing).

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2009
Dear heiranig,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe! It looks like the location and the friendly staff helped to make your stay very enjoyable. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back!
minalover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

I loved my stay at Hotel Marlowe. Pet friendly was key for me! A friend of mine recommended it, as she had stayed there with her dog and loved it. The guys at the front desk were so friendly and accomodating with us. They loved Mina, our French Bulldog, and made sure she was taken care of while I was at my meeting.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially anyone traveling with a pet!!! Also, the location is great...the Galleria is just around the corner and the river view is terrific.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Holliston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

So, I pull into the circular driveway after a long drive in foul weather, and I am met at the front by the doorman with a heartfelt welcome and directions to the front desk. At thr front desk, I was greeted by Emilie, who, again, was warm and welcoming (see the pattern developing??) She took care of a slightly complicated reservation, and I was on my way to the room in minutes, after a complete explanation of the amenities of the hotel and the surrounding location.
The room. It was exactly as requested. Free internet (pay attention, big fancy chains) a large flat screen TV, an Ipod docking station, and a gigantic window overlooking the courtyard. The shower was hot, the towels fluffy, and the beding was top notch. It was a shame I had to leave the room at all.
Did not order room service, but did walk next door to the mall for a meal. Brief walk through the parking garage and into the Galleria Mall..something for everyone.

At checkout, I did not have some required paperwork, but was able to resolve it with the help of Justin and Keith at the Concierge desk. No eye rolls or big sighs like what is common at other hotels when you ask for something~~ everyone at the Marlowe is truly interested in making sure your stay is what you need it to be, and will go to any length necessary to make it happen.

Will stay here again as soon as the opportunity presents itself, and will definitely look at other kimpton properties when traveling elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chiefy
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2009
Dear Chiefy,
Thank you for your review of the Hotel Marlowe! I can see you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you found the room comfortable and that the staff made you feel at home. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Emilie, Keith, and Justin. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

Excellent hotel, great condition, close to downtown Boston, pleasant staff, always has cabs available, hard to find something negaive to say. Rooms were spacious and well furnished, free wifi Internet, room service was fast (20 minutes) and good, no bililng errors on departure, I will defintely book here again. Try easyclicktravel for rates on this hotel.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2009
Dear guest,
I want to thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the amenities we offer, and we certainly hope you'll choose to stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#5 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,243 reviews

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!