A Cambridge House B & B Inn
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
US$282
US$248
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdavis squaremain buildinghard boiled eggsporter squarecanopy bedcontinental breakfastfree parkingvictorian roomvictorian styleexpensive areatufts universitycomfortable place to staytea coffeechain hotelminute walkbreakfast was excellentqueen bed
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed several nights visiting our daughter who lives nearby. We stayed in the "contemporary" building.

The contemporary building was clean and well maintained, but lacked the atmosphere of the main B&B. Our room was quite large and had a balcony. Would have bit nice to have a "comfy" chair to relax in as there was plenty of room for it. Also, the TV is a bit undersized for the room, only a little bigger than a computer monitor. A big positive was that the room was very quiet, considering that the hotel is on Mass Ave. We were in a room on the back side of the building, so I'm not sure if all the rooms are as quiet.

Breakfast was continental style and was well stocked.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the Contemporary building are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Located a few miles from the City center, provided with own car park, this B & B can allow a visit to the City avoiding the heavy traffic and at the same time to Cambridge.
The MBTA underground is close to it, 300 mt not more.
Rooms are reasonably sized, the bathrooms are also large.
The breakfast, fairly complete for american B & B standards, is served in a traditional leaving room.
I recommend to reserve a room in the old building, that is the older part of the building.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bigbang56
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Pros: 1- on site parking, 2- establishment is clean and well maintained, 3- breakfast was pretty good, with fresh fruit, breads, cereals, and pastries - no eggs or meats, 4- the woman at the desk when checking in/out, was warm and friendly and quite helpful
The Cons: 1- our room, in the contemporary wing, was VERY small (however, I did see that others were quite large), 2- location isn't the greatest.......Parker Square is about 5 blocks walking and Harvard Square another 8-10, and Central Square another 8-10....there is very little in the immediate neighborhood, 3- 3pm check-in and 11am check-out, 4- uncomfortable bed and uncooperative a/c
Given the price and miniscule size of our room, I can't give the Inn more than an average rating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The first night I arrived the fellow on the desk was very unhelpful and abrupt, in fact, rude. When I left, I asked him if he could call a cab for me, and he said innkeepers weren't allowed to call a cab for customers so I'd have to call me own, which I did, incurring long distance charges from my cell phone.

Because I was on a longish trip I had to go back. The second stay introduced me to a very helpful front desk person, but the room hadn't been cleaned well and there were dead bugs along the baseboard and a spiderweb in the corner. The fellow at the desk put me in a new room right away, and Andrea, the manage gave me a discount. (She's wonderful). However the place needs a good cleaning from top to bottom and certain members of the staff really need a course in customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were in town for 2 days for a baseball game. Our room, while small, was very clean with a private bath. Breakfast was more than adequate. Only a 10 minute walk to the "T". I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple