“Great food, not expensive at all”
Review of Border Cafe

Border Cafe
Ranked #16 of 662 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a party of 38 and the staff handled it very well, except for one meal that was MIA. They eventually got it from the kitchen and didn't charge us....The meals were good sized and hot, and fresh. and it wasn't expensive at all.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The Border is my restaurant for everything. Girls night out, a date, an evening with the family, whatever. The place serves you hot fresh made tortilla chips and salsa the moment you sit, or while you wait. The waiters are friendly and efficient. I've been going for 19 years and have never once had a single complaint. The food is always cooked right. It's always great. It always comes fast. It's perfect.

Their steak fajitas, Cajun popcorn shrimp and guacamole are to die for. They haven't changed their prices since the 80s, with the most expensive thing on the menu being a DELICIOUS Jim Bowie style filet mignon for $14.

If you're in Boston or Cambridge or even just Massachusetts, GO.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am not a fan of Mexican food but my niece loves Border Cafe. We went on a busy Thursday night and it was the week of Harvard Graduation so it was super crowded. After about a 15 minute wait we were seated downstairs. I had chicken taco and cheese enchilada and my niece had cheese enchiladas. The meals were very good, served alongside rice and beans. The margarita was good, not great but the salsa and chips were outstanding!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great location in Harvard Square, fresh guacamole, quick service, good margs and very reasonable prices....what more could you ask for out of a Tex-Mex joint?!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been a few times for delicious mexican (or texmex?). Thurs or weekend nights you'll be standing in line for a while, but the chips are worth it. I've heard good things about the margaritas but haven't tried myself.