“Very Good - but not always”

Frank's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 642 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rice
Transit: 77 bus to the front door from Arlington or Harvard. Red Line to Davis Square and 7 minute walk
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I enjoy the casual atmopshere and the bar area with friendly locals. The problem is that the steaks are more often than not, cooked incorrectly. I will say that a conservative estimate is that the steak had to be sent back 3 of 6 times. (I do not consider myself a "picky" eater but raw is not medium rare.) This past week it was just right. Maybe they have a new chef. I would think that a place that calls itself a Steak house would get it right 99% of the time.
I still keep going back because of the other items on the menu, the atmosphere and the friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Frank's Steak House

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We went for a late Sunday lunch/earlt dinner. Overall, the food was good - filet mignon and sizzling steak were among the favorites at our table. Salads were fresh and crisp. Desserts were limited and nothing special but, you will probably will be so full from the main entree, you may not want dessert! Skip the lobster pie. So disappointing. It didn't taste like fresh lobster to me. Decor is nice - sort of an old tyme neighborhood feel. We would go again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Neighborhood place with the food better than just okay. The roast beef is always good. But knowing that the speaker used to eat here all the time gives it a touch of historicity that's fun to know about.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I recommend Frank's Steak House! The Mashed potatoes are to die for!!!! The steaks are just simply amazing...I wished I was having their food for dinner. TRY THE QUESADILLA!!! I guarantee you will always get it! The atmosphere is great! The waitsatff are all friendly and very attentive. Make a reservation because it doesn get packed.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This neighborhood steak house is a long way from Harvard Square, in every respect. With signed pictures of local sports heroes on the wall and Frank Sinatra on the sound system, you'd hardly know you were in the same Cambridge as the famous University--and you're not. Frank's feaures good drinks, steaks and a friendly ambiance that's welcome anywhere. There were ten of us and a wide variety of tastes and we were all happy with Frank's. The service was excellent and the food was good and reasonably priced. a fine alternative to the pricey joints a few miles south.