“Nice place, friendly staff”
Review of Mary Prentiss Inn

Mary Prentiss Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We loved the staff, the room was nice and comfortable and the location was fantastic. We were able to walk everywhere and even took public transportation to the airport. It was easy with the help of the Mary Prentiss staff. There are wonderful cookies in the late afternoon. The breakfast is nothing exciting, so if you are looking for gourmet, this isn't your place.

Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Mary Prentiss Inn

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for the complimentary stay on Veterans Day and found the Mary Prentiss Bed and Breakfast to be a wonderful place to stay while in Boston. It was located just down the road from the Porter Square tube station in the Cambridge area of Boston. The area is full of restaurants' particularly Japaniese restaurants'. In the bed and breakfast they had a wonderful tea service with homemade cake and cookies. The bed in my room was also, super comfortable and puts my bed at home to shame. I would love to know what the matress brand was on that bed so next time I can buy one at the mattress store when I am in the market to get a new mattress. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone visiting Boston or considering a visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Catharine B
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had a fantastic stay and cannot say enough about how great we were treated by the staff. The breakfast was amazing and we had many places to choose from to eat dinner all within walking distance. The location of this place makes public transportation a perfect choice. What really stood out in my mind is how well maintained the entire place was. Plus, I really enjoyed how quiet it was both inside the Mary Prentiss Inn and outside as well. I realize my review will probably be read by many outside the U.S. This would be my #1 First Choice if I were planning a trip from outside the country. I believe this property will not disappoint even the harshest critic. I plan on returning again in the near future. Thanks to Lisa Gartland for making my stay smooth and worry free!

Room Tip: They offer 3 times for breakfast; 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 AM. Make sure you sign up the night before fo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and my wife thought it was gorgeous. The location is amazing, walking distance to dozens of restaurants, 5 minute walk from the T, and a liquor store across the street. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Cannot say enough about the quality, warmth, and lovliness of this very special home away from home. The attention to detail is spectacular; breakfast is superb; tea and goodies make it a delight to return each evening. Package with T pass wonderful and so convenient for the people from outside the Boston area. It feels like a cozy home away from home!! You'll love it!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our recent stay could not have been better. The staff were extremely friendly and accomodating.
They helped me surprise my wife on her birthday with balloons & banner at breakfast and wine, chocolate covered strawberries & cookies in our room when we returned that evening. The room was very quaint. The location was excellent (only four blocks from the subway). And I cant say enough about the service. I would diffenently reccomend staying here. I know when we return to Boston there is only one place we'll stay. The Mary Prentiss Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this mid sized inn near Harvard Square while visiting Cambridge for a reunion. The room amenities were great, the breakfast generous and the staff very pleasant. I thought the off street parking was perfectly adequate in contrast to one reviewed who couldn't seem to manage maneuvering in tight spaces. I was just glad to have free parking in a town where on street parking doesn't exist. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple