“Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference at MIT. Very convenient to the campus and the T, so we did not need to take out our car. Very comfortable beds. Clean room, friendly staff. They also had a mobile check in and check out which was great,checked in on line and told them when we would get there, walked up and key was ready, worked great. Starbucks in the Lobby was convenient and places to eat next door and across the street. We were on the 23rd floor facing the river, great view. In our room there was a frig (obviously the old honor bar) that was helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rorudupa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
san Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

While I regret I will not be staying here during this visit I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Cathleen either at the front desk or PBX departments, Cathleen is a guest service super star who just a few moments of her time to help me select the right property for my stay. Cathleen was kind, professional and tremendously helpful and answered all of my questions and to wish me a lovely visit to Boston.
Thank you Cathleen, you are a super star!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Needed to stay near Cambridge, and this is really well located, but for the price I was charged, this is an OK but not special hotel. Perfectly friendly and reasonably clean, but showing signs of wear and tear, and fairly characterless.

Room Tip: Face the river for a good view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Alan S, General Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Derek W:

Thank you for sharing your observations about our hotel. You are certainly right that our Kendall Square location is the perfect place to experience Cambridge and the red line subway stop directly in front of the hotel provides quick access to downtown Boston as well as Harvard Square. Since your visit last October, we have completed a dramatic renovation of the lobby and Starbucks. We have a photo shoot this weekend and we hope to add the new pictures to our website soon.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Alan
Vienne, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I paid ~325 USD for room&tax per night and for this money I would expect a better cost-benefit ratio:
- WiFi was not included and was another 18 USD per day
- Neither breakfast nor any snacks were included, however, there is a restaurant & a starbucks in the hotel which is convenient
- bottled water in the room was not included. One bottle would be charged another 4,50$
- the 9th floor had a sign pointing towards a vending machine but there was none
- boarding pass printing was not included

Apart from this: the room (9th floor) was rather small, the view was not really spectacular and the concierge i talked to could be friendlier. For example, this concierge actually told me beforehand that Internet for the first 2 nights of my stay - which were paid by my company - would not be charged. But then of course they did add the costs to my private bill.

So, i a summary: good location but unsatisfactory cost-benefit ratio

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Alan S, General Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear N P;

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regards to costs versus benefits. Our Hotel does offer a terrific location in the heart of Kendall Square, convenient to both Cambridge and Boston, along with a wide variety of amenities consistent with all full service Marriott hotels.

I am concerned that our concierge informed you that the internet was included in your rate but then you were subsequently charged. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can correct this error as well as discuss your other observations.

Your patronage is very important to us and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Alan
Auburn, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This Marriott is located so conveniently that I gave it 4 stars. The Metro (T) is right outside their front door for the Red Line. And three different tourist trolleys stop right across the street. There are very nice restaurants located within easy walking distance, and Harvard and MIT are very close, as well.

Even thought the hotel was in the middle of some remodeling, the work was done only during the day. Consequently, there was no noise in the evening when trying to relax or sleep.

There is a Starbuck's in the lobby that opens at 6 a.m. during the week days and at 7 during the weekends.

The gym, while small, was adequate and from 6 to 7 a.m. was quite busy.

We had a little difficulty with our reservation, but it was all worked out to our satisfaction by the person at the front counter.

The room was clean. Aside from the undrinkable coffee that's in the room, all was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel perfectly suited my needs. I stayed with my boyfriend for the weekend, and enjoyed everything about it. From the moment we arrived, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant Champions on site is clean and had delicious food. Our room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast, which was delivered promptly and was very tasty. I chose to not pay the extra $30 or so per night for a room with a view, however our view was still spectacular! The location of the hotel is perfect. There is a subway station conveniently located on the property. The hotel is right next to MIT's campus and we were able to walk to Harvard's campus (although it was a bit of a lengthy walk). Overall, I couldn't have asked for more out of a weekend experience in Boston!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer K
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

For the most part, I was very happy with my stay here. It's a great hotel, excellent location, I was working in the Microsoft facility down the block so very handy if you're heading there.

First off, check in was straight forward, very polite staff, also very helpful, I had to send a large package using a courier which they facilitated for me.

Room was very nice, reasonable size, nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. Bathroom was pretty big and again extremely clean.

I had two minor issues with this hotel, first is no free wifi, I mean come on! and the next was the service in champions (the restaurant / bar downstairs) it was very slow, even though it wasn't busy and the staff weren't over worked.

other than that, I was pretty happy, the hotel is literally on top of a subway station so getting down town is simple, there's a starbucks inside and a couple of restaurants dotted about.

Given the choice... I think if I were staying in Boston again and I didn't need to be near MIT, I'd stay in the Revere (which I also stayed in on this trip and have reviewed) in the theater district, even though I'm a marriott rewards member...

Room Tip: High up, to avoid any road or building work noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business