“Great conference location”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great conference location”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four days as part of a conference. The room was lovely, my only compliant is that I was always waiting on housekeeping as I never knew when my room was being cleaned. Just wanted to return to my room for a bit in the afternoon an no matter when I did, my room was not cleaned. Not bad, just the routine didn't fit my needs. The restaurants were good with many other options a 10 min walk away. An available shuttle to take you into Harvard square was a great asset.

• Stayed October 2013
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Zwppart2, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle connecting you to many great shops and restaurants. However, I do apologize that housekeeping was not up to standards. Please email qualitybosrc@hyatt.com to help us better understand your needs so we can continuously improve in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back, soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boa Vista, RR
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Is it possible not to love Hyatts? Incredible hotel, got more than my expectations. I have nothing to complain, all is very nice. Clean, safe, comfortable, at a nice location, nice views, all perfect. Thank you again, Hyatt :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello EPRR, Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Best, Emily
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency in Cambridge (Boston ... kind of!) is a good example of what the brand delivers; good quality accommodation at a reasonable rate (unless it is the first night of the World Series!) with good and reliable service. The hotel is set on the Cambridge River and the rooms that face this direction give a great view of disgustingly healthy people rowing at unearthly hours of the morning!!!! The pyramid style of the building are a bit of a throwback to the 1970s and as with many Hyatt Regency properties, updating the decor appears to be a constant battle. The room was an adequate size, well maintained with comfortable beds and was well laid out although work space was a little limited. The bathroom was also clean and adequate although a little worn at ten edges. The highlight of the trip was walking up to check in (after midnight again!!!!) to be met by a front desk staff who gave a warm and engaging welcome was very efficient and set the tone for a very pleasant stay. Breakfast was served on the 2nd floor restaurant and provided a very good range of the food items including the best chicken, apple and spinach sausages I have ever enjoyed! Fabulous and indulgent. I'm not in Cambridge that often but this is a hotel I will certainly consider staying at again in the future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi, The_bald_gourmet, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure to read such a detailed and enthusiastic response! I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us as well as the level of service from our associates. I am also glad that you loved the view of the Charles River and agree that the rowers are up so early…but it is always great to watch! We hope that you had an amazing trip and hope to see you again soon.
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here the weekend of the ALCS final game, which was also the weekend of the Head of Charles Regatta and Harvard's Parent Days. The hotel was full, but the staff handled the crowd with ease. The shuttle service to Harvard Square was great, since I didn't want to drive with all of the crowds. Shuttle was on-time, pick-up for the trip back was quick, and the drivers had lots of info on things to do in the area. Breakfast buffet at the hotel was crowded, but they moved people through quickly. They told us it would be a 10 minute wait for a table, then seated us in 2 minutes. My only complaint is that the chaffing dishes didn't keep some of the foods hot. Service in the restaurant was great.

I really enjoyed the fitness center and running along the river. If you are a runner or walker, this hotel is THE location to stay. The trail along the river is across the street from the hotel, and it gave me an easy 4 mile run going out and back. Scenic and very safe. The fitness center and pool were outstanding. Large enough to have what you want without a wait, which can be difficult in a hotel.

This hotel is pricey, but sometimes it is worth paying a little more for a great location with great service. I'll stay here again on future trips. We had a high room overlooking the river and Fenway Park. Awesome views day and night.

Room Tip: Noise was not an issue even though the hotel has an open atrium. Stay on the river side for outstand...
Green Features: They follow the typical Hyatt program. No complaints.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Yanceyville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during the playoffs. The hotel has a beautiful view and shuttle service. There was NO shuttle service returning from ball game and the restarunt was closed.This is why only 4 instead of 5. Too pay that much for room both of those services should have been offered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi 225roses, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We hope that you enjoyed the playoffs--a very exciting time for our city! We are very fortunate to be situated so close to the Charles River and all that both Boston and Cambridge have to offer, however I apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle service and restaurant. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and will keep this in mind. Warm wishes, Emily
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've stayed at a few old properties before and this is by far the most well maintained old hotels I've ever stayed. The room is exceptionally clean and comfy. The very friendly staff went out of their way to suggest places for me to go (given very limited time in Boston). Breakfast - good! Bed - good! I'd visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and watch the sun rise :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Akhalid, thank you so much for taking the time to review you recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that not only did you enjoy your bed and breakfast but also that our team was able to help and give suggestions on Boston activities for your stay! We hope you come back for a longer trip soon!
Lakeville, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Hyatt Regency is located at the Western edge of MIT's campus and within walking distance of Fenway and Harvard Square.
The parking garage will let you park there for $35 per overnight, but if you are a AAA member they will give you a discount.
I found the staff friendly and helpful as well as just plain nice. There was a conference going on when we got there but unlike many other hotels I have stayed in, we weren't made to feel like we were bothering anyone, or getting in the way.
I have to say that the rooms were lovely, although the ceilings were a bit low.
My only complaint was that the bathrooms had no fan.
Something you should be aware of if you are traveling with a companion.
(awkward)
If I am there again in the futuire I will bring my dog, which will make for a VERY interesting review.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view. Oh, and the Charles views are amazing at night when the ci...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hi Jennifer I, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a
pleasure to read reviews with a detailed overview of a recent stay. Hyatt Regency Cambridge
is very proud of our commitment to each and every guest, including furry friends! Looking forward to having you back soon. Best, Emily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Royal Sonesta Boston
#4 of 20 in Cambridge
Charles Hotel
#3 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston? Share your experiences!