“Great Room and View”

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was in Boston for a friends wedding and stayed at the Hyatt in Cambridge. I had stayed here once, years ago, and this stay was great. It appears the hotel has been renovated and the staff was very friendly and rooms very clean and modern. Everyone was helpful and I really enjoyed my weekend. The only negative I had was when I called room service no one answered. But I would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hi Stephan V, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is a pleasure to welcome you back for a second stay! It is our hope that each and every guest has a relaxing and comfortable experience and we are so glad you enjoyed your clean and modern room. I apologize for the opportunities with your in-room dining. Please be in touch during your next visit and we will ensure that you have a great meal! Hope to see you soon! Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 12 April 2014

First, if you book through the internet sites, don't bother presenting the hotel royalty cards as they won't give you points for staying, not 3/4, not 1/2 but big fat goose egg. Even though you are spending a substantial portion of what you would have paid if you are booking through Hyatt.com. Upgrade was CASH only. Free internet for Hyatt Gold holders? No! I should not have booked on priceline. No clear signs, just no.

Interesting little balconies, with fake grasses, plants, flowers boxes with no colors but just plastic/paper greens. It felt so dead in the hotel. No excitement, no liveliness. Staff were indifferent; as you check in, three staffers look up and look back down as you stand in front of the reception. I felt so welcomed. Must have been the tired look from landing at Logan after 18 hours of travel. Or is it just being in Boston area. A friendly bunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and away from the elevator. Riverview, cash only upgrade. Hyatt members n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello snmklee, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not leave you raving about your experiences. We are thankful for feedback such as yours that alerts us to opportunities that our guests are facing. Unfortunately, your point regarding Gold Passport points is accurate, and is a Hyatt standard across all of our hotels. However, if booking through a third party, guests are eligible for points when dining in the restaurant or with in-room dining. Room upgrades may also be paid with both cash and credit, and is left to guest preference. Again, my apologies that we didn't get your stay right the first time and I hope that you will visit again to give us a chance to wow you. Please be in touch if you wish to discuss this matter further and so we can note your preferences on your profile to ensure a smooth check-in and an amazing trip to Cambridge. All my best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice clean, comfortable room with an amazing skyline view of Boston city and the Charles river. However it does look a bit dated and we were very disappointed with the leisure facilities which were a bit grotty.

As we didn't eat in the hotel, the food is something I can't comment on but the staff at every level were super-efficient and really nice which is a big bonus for me.

The other major drawback is that it is a bit of a hike away from Kendall or from Harvard Square - however if the weather is good and you don't mind walking it's pretty pleasant.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors to avoid traffic noise and preferably with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GalwayNools

Hello, GalwayNools, Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with our associates; they surely are one of the best parts of Hyatt Regency Cambridge, with the amazing views of the Boston skyline and the Charles River not too far behind! We are working hard to update our leisure facilities; the gym is getting a facelift this week! Please be in touch during your next visit to Cambridge. We’d love a chance to welcome you back and make your next stay more than expected. Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We are frequent guests at this property and I find the staff to be very accommodating and they remember me from prior visits. Good business services if needed; room service is very attentive; and quality of food is good. The restaurant could use some updating and I find the restaurant service is not as strong as room service staff. The setting on the Charles River is lovely and we find the rooms very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with no connecting room for a quiet nite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Homechef01, Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for being frequent Hyatt Regency Cambridge guests! We strive to provide authentic hospitality at every communication and are thrilled that you found our associates to be beyond accommodating. Please be in touch the next time you are in town, we are looking forward to welcoming you back, soon! Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt Cambridge a few times and I always think to myself this hotel must have been awesome when it first opened. The lobby is really cool and right on the banks of the Charles River makes for a nice setting, but the rooms are old and the elevators are so slow by modern day standards. The other major problem is that the hotel is located so far from Harvard Square that you need to cab or take the complementary shuttle if you want to go anywhere outside the hotel. After a few days at any hotel that is a must.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi Evanhunt1974, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of our location on the Charles River as well as our complimentary shuttle. We know how stressful it can be when traveling and dealing with Boston's unpredictable traffic we are fortunate to be able to provide the shuttle to guests. My apologies for the inconveniences with the elevators. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve each and every day. We look forward to welcoming you back, soon. Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Overall my stay was pleasant, had a beautiful view of Boston and a competitively priced room!

My only complaint would be that the restaurant is too small for the numbers of rooms, therefore it's hard to get a table and the service lacks.

I'd highly recommend taking the lift to the top floor :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wiggles1983
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Wiggles1983, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. Our view of the Charles River and Boston Skyline is one of our best assets and are glad that you had the perfect room to enjoy it! We also would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the spacing during your dining experience, and will be sure to pass this along to our food and beverage team. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked this hotel for its location more than anything else, not knowing many of the higher end properties on the Cambridge side of the river. The shuttle service was really handy running back and forth to Harvard Square, and free. I found the staff friendly and the place is very clean and well maintained. Not too much in terms of restaurants or coffee shops on site, I didn't eat in the cafe, but the small store had snacks and drinks, Starbucks etc. It is a quiet, business-like atmosphere. On a nice day you can easily walk to MIT, Harvard and the surrounding universities, if you don't cab it or take the shuttle, which begins at 7am. I made the mistake of not requesting a river view, so I instead got to watch the traffic circle and exercise place above the parking garage. The maid service was spot on, nice bathroom fixtures, great Internet connectivity and fast check in and out. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Charles River side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Tferro88, thank you for your recent review! We are so glad that you took advantage of our convenient location to local colleges and universities as well as utilizing our complimentary shuttle to get you there! However, I am even more excited that our housekeeping team was able to impress you during your stay. They truly strive to impact each and every guest in a positive way, and I know this feedback would mean a lot to them! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT
Fenway / Kenmore
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#12 of 84 in Boston

Been to Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston? Share your experiences!