Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
  • Pool
US$263
US$242
Very Good 4/5
Royal Sonesta Boston(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$211
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$170
Very Good 4/5
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$204
Official Site
US$216
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Boston Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$200
US$274
Sheraton.com
2,585 results
All reviewscharles rivershuttle servicezephyr restaurantfree shuttlehotel shuttlebalcony roomfenway parkharvard squareriver viewbreakfast buffetparking garagehealth clubmemorial drivecab ridefitness centergreen linemit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a low floor room looking out over the Charles. The kids were all on spring break so Cambridge was a bit light on that over-the-top intellectual, youthful energy and the trees hadn't yet begun to bud but I was lucky to get there between a couple of terrible snow storms. I enjoyed my stay and agree with the other reviewers that the staff really elevates the entire experience at the hotel. But I have to say that there was one thing that made me scratch my head -- my room was oddly laid out --there was an empty hallway like area that ran the entire length of the room, faced the Charles and was completely separate from the rest of the room. At the far end of the hallway was the door to the bathroom and a table (that looked so lonesome) with the coffee machine.
But then as I walked around, the whole hotel was laid out a little oddly -- big stretches of unused space and then restaurants or the gift shop squeezed into small spaces. It felt like the visual presentation of soaring space was more important that guest utilization of that space. But I have to say, overall (except for that odd hallway -- what was up with that?) I had a really enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hello erowe11, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad to hear that our associate’s genuine hospitality elevated your stay! Reviews like this are so great to read because it shows that the hard work our team puts in each and every day truly pays off in the eyes of the guests! However, I apologize that you didn’t enjoy the layout of your room. We are continually looking for ways to improve to make guest experiences more enjoyable, I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments for review. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was in Boston for a friends wedding and stayed at the Hyatt in Cambridge. I had stayed here once, years ago, and this stay was great. It appears the hotel has been renovated and the staff was very friendly and rooms very clean and modern. Everyone was helpful and I really enjoyed my weekend. The only negative I had was when I called room service no one answered. But I would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hi Stephan V, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is a pleasure to welcome you back for a second stay! It is our hope that each and every guest has a relaxing and comfortable experience and we are so glad you enjoyed your clean and modern room. I apologize for the opportunities with your in-room dining. Please be in touch during your next visit and we will ensure that you have a great meal! Hope to see you soon! Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 12 April 2014

First, if you book through the internet sites, don't bother presenting the hotel royalty cards as they won't give you points for staying, not 3/4, not 1/2 but big fat goose egg. Even though you are spending a substantial portion of what you would have paid if you are booking through Hyatt.com. Upgrade was CASH only. Free internet for Hyatt Gold holders? No! I should not have booked on priceline. No clear signs, just no.

Interesting little balconies, with fake grasses, plants, flowers boxes with no colors but just plastic/paper greens. It felt so dead in the hotel. No excitement, no liveliness. Staff were indifferent; as you check in, three staffers look up and look back down as you stand in front of the reception. I felt so welcomed. Must have been the tired look from landing at Logan after 18 hours of travel. Or is it just being in Boston area. A friendly bunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and away from the elevator. Riverview, cash only upgrade. Hyatt members need not apply.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello snmklee, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not leave you raving about your experiences. We are thankful for feedback such as yours that alerts us to opportunities that our guests are facing. Unfortunately, your point regarding Gold Passport points is accurate, and is a Hyatt standard across all of our hotels. However, if booking through a third party, guests are eligible for points when dining in the restaurant or with in-room dining. Room upgrades may also be paid with both cash and credit, and is left to guest preference. Again, my apologies that we didn't get your stay right the first time and I hope that you will visit again to give us a chance to wow you. Please be in touch if you wish to discuss this matter further and so we can note your preferences on your profile to ensure a smooth check-in and an amazing trip to Cambridge. All my best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice clean, comfortable room with an amazing skyline view of Boston city and the Charles river. However it does look a bit dated and we were very disappointed with the leisure facilities which were a bit grotty.

As we didn't eat in the hotel, the food is something I can't comment on but the staff at every level were super-efficient and really nice which is a big bonus for me.

The other major drawback is that it is a bit of a hike away from Kendall or from Harvard Square - however if the weather is good and you don't mind walking it's pretty pleasant.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors to avoid traffic noise and preferably with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GalwayNools

Hello, GalwayNools, Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with our associates; they surely are one of the best parts of Hyatt Regency Cambridge, with the amazing views of the Boston skyline and the Charles River not too far behind! We are working hard to update our leisure facilities; the gym is getting a facelift this week! Please be in touch during your next visit to Cambridge. We’d love a chance to welcome you back and make your next stay more than expected. Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We are frequent guests at this property and I find the staff to be very accommodating and they remember me from prior visits. Good business services if needed; room service is very attentive; and quality of food is good. The restaurant could use some updating and I find the restaurant service is not as strong as room service staff. The setting on the Charles River is lovely and we find the rooms very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with no connecting room for a quiet nite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Homechef01, Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for being frequent Hyatt Regency Cambridge guests! We strive to provide authentic hospitality at every communication and are thrilled that you found our associates to be beyond accommodating. Please be in touch the next time you are in town, we are looking forward to welcoming you back, soon! Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com