“Heroin needles”

Cambridge Gateway Inn
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
“Heroin needles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I've been here twice, the first time under my bed there was a bra and a pizza box, cigarette marks awful smells and terrible service. Also, a man came to the door with a "sample" of "good" cocaine. I slammed the door in his face and I swear to god some of it spilt in my room.

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank bfitty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our family stayed here for 2 night for July 4th. We drove from Utah. The hotel is filthy, ac dosn't work. Hotel is full of crazy people including one afternoon some guy is smoking in his boxers and sock playing with himself ouside in the parking lot. The nights are scary, people roaming the halls. At least the price is cheap. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank utahjazzlove

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

This place was disgusting! Cigarette burns on everything, from carpets to linen. Hallways had a nauseating odor. Bathrooms were moldy and gross, the wallpaper and ceiling were water damaged. The toilets--I'll spare you the horrid details. The lady at the front was extremely rude and arrogant. To make matters even worse, the room was INFESTED with something that BIT me and my boyfriend on our arms and legs!!!! When we complained they accused us of bringing whatever it was with us!! Can you imagine!! This was a digusting experience and I wish I knew the proper person to complain to. The health department needs to check this place out! I was only in Boston for two nights. If I have to come back I will never stay at a place like this again! Trust me, its worth spending a little more! BTW, I'm pretty sure there were drug dealers in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank jewel m
Chevy Chase, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this inn for one night, though we had planned to stay for two. This, in hindsight, was a the result of my own conviction that we could stay in Boston comfortably as cheaply as possible. This was not wise. The rooms were old, hallways musty, and the bathroom floor sticky. It was nice to get a fridge and microwave, but what drove us away in the end was the pervasive funk, some awful stench that sunk into our lungs and left us with terrible headaches. Even though we were supposedly placed in a non-smoking room, the noxious chemicals and odors from the place as whole had left an ominous mark in our own room. My asthma started to kick in by the end, and this was our signal to checkout as soon as possible.

Management was nice enough--they offered to switch us to a different room the next day, but we really had to get out. No bed bugs in our room, a very meagerly "continental" breakfast, nice shuttle to the train station, free internet, too. Yet, it pays to shell out a bit more cash so that you might breathe better when staying over in Boston.

Room Tip: Try and land a room on the second floor--they are said to be less smelly. Or just stay somewhere els...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Aubrey W
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

we returned the room and went elsewhere, this is a very poor hotel, very old and not very well maintenanced.
we decided to return the room and go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nadav A
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Guy at the desk was nice BUT...... my sheets were so dirty that I had to get clean ones and put them on myself. People working there were nice BUT bathroom was so EWWWW and the towels had a gray color to them. Did check for bedbugs didn't see any.The carpet was coming away from the walls and my blanket had burns all over them.One night if you have to. GOOD LUCK

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank L B
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

In all of my life I must say I have never stayed in a motel as diplorable as this one! There were cigarette holes in the carpet, bed sheets and shower curtains. I wanted to take a Clorox bath when I left this place. This is definetly not a hotel for families. This is a by the hour type of motel. The staff, including the owner of this joint were disrespectful and unprofessional. They refused to clean my room even after I insisted that the toilet basin was sticky and my shoes were sticking the bathroom floor! There were stains on the mattresses, carpets,and chairs. There were people coming in off the street all hours of the night and entering rooms where there was loud noise. I even saw a man in the hall in a towel!!! If you are traveling with children---don't stay at this motel if you care for their health and safety. If you are looking for a crack motel than this would be a great place to stay, otherwise stay at the YMCA

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank betty t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Freepoint Hotel
Charles Hotel
Charles Hotel
#3 of 20 in Cambridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,496 reviews

Been to Cambridge Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!