“European style hotel right one block off the square”

Harvard Square Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is super convenient to Harvard, the Metro and associated businesses. The rooms were very clean and functional but on the small side and consistent with the price which was quite reasonable for the area.. It had very good sound insulation and the staff were generally helpful and accommodating. However, for a business hotel the internet connections were painfully slow and completely inadequate. Also, there was no coffee maker in the room which I missed although there was coffee in the lobby. When I needed to go to the airport, I asked the staff to call a cab and explicitly requested a licensed taxi but a "town car" showed up instead. I asked the driver for the cost before I got in and he said $45 plus tip which was about 50% more than it should have been. Since I was did not have time to wait, I went ahead and took it but it left a bad impression.

I will stay there again if they get the Internet connection upgraded but I will also be aware of some of the negatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear George B.

Thank you for your review of the Harvard Square Hotel. As General Manager here I really appreciate your constructive feedback. I will work on the complimentary wireless internet connection. I am sorry that it was slow for your use. Also after we completed the guest room renovation we decided to offer Starbucks coffee and tea in the lobby. I am also sorry you missed having a coffee maker in your room. We can put one in your room for a future visit. I did want to comment on the cab service to the airport from the hotel.. It is a Flat Fee of $45 dollars to the airport for a cab or a coach from Harvard Square and the front desk staff should always inform you of this flat rate. We hope to serve you soon again and thank you for your comments.

General Manager and Business Owner

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I am reviewing the Harvard Square Hotel, Cambridge, MA. It is adorable. I know that is an odd description for a hotel. Sounds more like a kitten. I'm an urban dweller and I love proper use of space. This hotel is perfect not only for location but amenities. Clean, safe updated decor: simplistic and trendy. Very chic. Also everything I needed was a quick walk because I was there in the brutal winter of 2014.

Room Tip: I was in Room 119 / 2 Queen beds. There was early a.m. construction work outside. I don't hold t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Piaxlou:

Thank you very much for your review.We are very happy that you found our newly renovated Harvard Square Hotel adorable. We did try to use the space in the guest room efficiently. I hope you liked our brand new bathrooms. Thank you again for your fantastic review. We have a great location in the center of Harvard Square.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Excellent location, and decor clearly has been recently modernized: contemporary European styling made my room feel elegant. Nice toiletries, extra-soft bed and cozy duvet, free WiFi. I was on the fourth (top?) floor and enjoyed a great view down the streets of Cambridge. Staff were helpful and gracious. No coffee in the room and no restaurant on site (only a pricey self-serve snack bar), but IHOP is just a few doors down the street so that was fine! (Only real irritation was being asked twice by the housekeeping staff if I was ready to check out. I felt a bit rushed - I would understand if it had been around noon, but this was before 8 am!)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ariz0nagirl
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review. I will follow up with the housekeepers.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Harvard Square Hotel is a quaint hotel within walking distance to Harvard University campus, restaurants, shopping, and more! The hotel is clean and safe. The rooms are spacious and decorated beautifully! My favorite thing about the hotel is the staff!!! ALL of the staff are wonderful, accommodating, and above all nice and professional! Traits that are difficult to find in people who reside/work in Boston, MA.

To all the staff at The Harvard Square Hotel, THANK YOU!
Jen Depp - Chaperon/Parent
Sequoyah High School Speech & Debate Team
Canton, GA

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest!!

Thank you very much for writing a Tripadvisor Review!! It rally means a lot to our staff to have you post your comments. Thank you very much!!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The location if you are to visit Harvard Square is the best. The hotel is clean and modern, and the staff is very friendly and pro active. The rooms are small but modern, although a bit noisy. Hot water presure was weak.
No amenities.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jlzabala
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest!!

Thank you for your review!! We are fortunate with our Center of Harvard Square Location!! We hope to serve you again soon!!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

New, clean and modern. The Harvard Square Hotel staff was extremely accommodating for my group. Rooms were small, but clean and functional, and the beds were especially comfortable! The price was excellent for the location!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We loved our stay. The room was not that big, but it was very clean, had a king size bed, mini fridge, nice bathroom and great view of the Harvard Sq. The staff were all very pleasant & helpful. We only live about 35mins north, but treated ourselves to a dinner, a show & a night in town. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PositiveK8
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Harvard Square Hotel Guest!!

Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review!! As you wrote the hotel has been fully renovated including the lobby and all of our guest rooms!!

We hope to see you soon again!!

Thank you!!