“Helpful in arranging a surprise”

Harvard Square Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 25 April 2014

While I haven't stayed here, their staff was wonderfully helpful in arranging a bottle of champagne to be in my husband's room when he arrived (and a note to go with it). They surprised me, as well, by covering it themselves. Thank you, Richard!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience working with the staff of the Harvard Square Hotel. I was happy to arrange a nice bottle of champagne and a congratulations from you as a welcome. Thank you very much for your comments on Trip advisor! It means a lot to us here at the hotel.

Sincerely, Richard Carbone General Manager and Business owner.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The staff at the Harvard Square hotel are exceptionally good. They are polite, friendly and willing to help with anything. The CEO, Richard, helped me go to the post office himself to arrange for some things of mine to be shipped back to Hong Kong.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor facing the road where "Sushi" is. Although there is a lot of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear ShaIMG:

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review this week!! It was very nice to meet you during your stay and on behalf of the entire staff thank you for taking the time to write a positive guest review on our hotel!! Your comments mean a lot to all of the staff here!!

Thank you!!

Richard Carbone, General Manager and Business Owner!!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This small hotel is perfect for business and classes at Harvard University. Wonderful shops and restaurants very nearby; public transportation right outside the door; great walking neighborhood. The rooms are smallish (but I was grateful for two beds), closets would be improved if they took out the horizontal divider so we could hang longer garments. The bathroom was small but well-appointed--great wide sink and stylish aqua glass subway tile. Very quiet even on the street side. The best was the staff. Very helpful with everything from maps and directions to helping with the machine in the coffee alcove. Extremely polite gentlemen willing to help make your visit a positive experience. Whenever in Cambridge, I will stay here. Best location and best staff ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Sharon E V:

Wow!! Thank you for the inspiring review of the Harvard Square Hotel, especially the description of our Guest Services!!

We all do pride ourselves and trying to make our hotel guests feel welcome and comfortable while visiting Harvard University and attending different executive education programs!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor!!

On behalf of the entire staff Thank you very much , Sincerely Richard Carbone General Manager and Business Owner!! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I chose this hotel based on the great reviews, and was disappointed overall. The best part was the friendly, welcoming and very helpful staff, which gets 5 stars. And the location is terrific. But The room was quite small, in fact lacking a closet to save space. The water in the bathroom sink trickled out. My assistant had requested a room with view of the square, but our room faced a parking lot and brick wall, as do probably most of the rooms on the backside of the building. We chose another hotel on the square this weekend and are happy with the room and the view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review of the Harvard Square Hotel. I am happy that you found our service staff friendly. I apologize about your room view!! Our staff, hotel location in Harvard Square and our newly renovated rooms are the best parts of our hotel. On your next visit we will assign a room facing Harvard University.

Richard Carbone, General Manager, Business Owner

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Another favourite City of Zabojad Boston, USA. Harvard Square is one its favourite stop as the Hotel is very close to the Campus and Libraries. Harvard Square Hotel allows to be very close to the Harvard Univeristy and facilitates to take Courses at a very decent price and high Quality Services.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank frederic s
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Zabojad!!

Thank you for your fine review!! The Harvard Square Hotel is in the center of Harvard Square and very close to many of the graduate schools at Harvard University as well as Harvard College!!

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion about our hotel in the heart of Harvard Square Cambridge!!

Thank you!! Very Much Appreciated

Richard Carbone General Manager and Business Owner

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is super convenient to Harvard, the Metro and associated businesses. The rooms were very clean and functional but on the small side and consistent with the price which was quite reasonable for the area.. It had very good sound insulation and the staff were generally helpful and accommodating. However, for a business hotel the internet connections were painfully slow and completely inadequate. Also, there was no coffee maker in the room which I missed although there was coffee in the lobby. When I needed to go to the airport, I asked the staff to call a cab and explicitly requested a licensed taxi but a "town car" showed up instead. I asked the driver for the cost before I got in and he said $45 plus tip which was about 50% more than it should have been. Since I was did not have time to wait, I went ahead and took it but it left a bad impression.

I will stay there again if they get the Internet connection upgraded but I will also be aware of some of the negatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear George B.

Thank you for your review of the Harvard Square Hotel. As General Manager here I really appreciate your constructive feedback. I will work on the complimentary wireless internet connection. I am sorry that it was slow for your use. Also after we completed the guest room renovation we decided to offer Starbucks coffee and tea in the lobby. I am also sorry you missed having a coffee maker in your room. We can put one in your room for a future visit. I did want to comment on the cab service to the airport from the hotel.. It is a Flat Fee of $45 dollars to the airport for a cab or a coach from Harvard Square and the front desk staff should always inform you of this flat rate. We hope to serve you soon again and thank you for your comments.

Richard Carbone
General Manager and Business Owner

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I am reviewing the Harvard Square Hotel, Cambridge, MA. It is adorable. I know that is an odd description for a hotel. Sounds more like a kitten. I'm an urban dweller and I love proper use of space. This hotel is perfect not only for location but amenities. Clean, safe updated decor: simplistic and trendy. Very chic. Also everything I needed was a quick walk because I was there in the brutal winter of 2014.

Room Tip: I was in Room 119 / 2 Queen beds. There was early a.m. construction work outside. I don't hold t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Piaxlou:

Thank you very much for your review.We are very happy that you found our newly renovated Harvard Square Hotel adorable. We did try to use the space in the guest room efficiently. I hope you liked our brand new bathrooms. Thank you again for your fantastic review. We have a great location in the center of Harvard Square.

Richard Carbone