“Great experience”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great experience”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I just checked out of this hotel after a four night stay, and my overall expectations were succeeded. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good (and the selection changed each day), my room was very clean, the location was great for attending a conference at MIT and as a surprise, the hotel had 'small dinners' two of the nights of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JK00001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
uk
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The front desk and breakfast staff and the management are the best, better than any other hotel we have ever stayed at. They really care about customer service; friendly, professional and seem to enjoy their jobs. Makes all the difference.
The rooms and breakfast areas are all freshly decorated, and the rooms are quite large. The only drawback is the ancient fridges, but if you only want to keep drinks cool that'll be fine too. Always stay here. Have tried elsewhere in Cambridge but this is the best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear mentaltraveller,

It’s great to have you back at our Hotel again, thank you for returning. I am so happy to hear about the great service you received. Our staff truly enjoys what they do, and we all have fun, even while working.

We are very pleased with the recent rooms renovation that was just completed. The colors are bright and fresh, and it seems as though you enjoyed the finished product. While our existing refrigerators still work fine, the Hotel has just begun a phased approach to replacing kitchen appliances. This will help to make the room feel like a modern home for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope to see you back on a return trip.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

To start with, the reservation was not so easy for me who was trying to make a reservation for over 90 days! Isn't that strange? I work for a corporate which has ties with this hotel, so I had to contact the front desk manager for booking confirmation with the company negotiated prices. The front desk manager (Donovan) never replied to my e-mails at all. At last I had to get the booking confirmed with the help of one of my colleagues living at the same hotel. Had anxious moments at my home country due to unconfirmed hotel. I was wrong to expect some kind of professionalism to at least reply to e-mails

Next, the service is decent and the house keeping staff is nice but the kitchen staff serving the breakfast & snacks might be rude sometimes.
There is also differential treatment to rooms who have good relationship with the staff. They could provide extra nice kitchen vessels & stuff upon request. For example I was denied a non-stick pan, but I found a nice non-stick pan in another room who had requested for it.

The room overall is not that satisfactory because of the old fashioned kitchen equipment. I live in a 1 Bedroom suite and it is over 30 nights now. I find a few dissatisfactory moments when I see 1. The shower not effective.
2. The bathtub cannot hold water in it! (the water plug isn't effective & leaks water to the sink)
3. The laundry driers doesn't dry off the clothes completely in 1 cycle.
4. The drinking water is completely chlorinated & needs boiling before consumption.

Room Tip: Try to get friendly with the kitchen staff and you might get good service. There's AC in the be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sriram s
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear sriram s,

First, I would like to say thank you for joining us for your extended stay to the area. We greatly appreciate your business. In regards to the booking process, I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in person if you are still available. It is our priority to honor existing reservations, and over the last few months, we have had many sold out dates during the Boston Marathon and several area college graduations, prohibiting us from taking any additional rooms. I’m glad that we finally had availability to get you in!

I am very sorry for the service you mentioned from our kitchen staff, and will be certain to share your comments directly with them. Further, please contact me directly so I can understand what additional kitchen items you would need. Each suite is supplied with the same set of cooking supplies, and items such as non-stick pans are not regularly kept in the Hotel. You also mentioned several dissatisfactory items in your room, and it would be my pleasure to personally address those if you can contact me.

As an extended stay Hotel, we strive to provide a home like atmosphere, and remain committed to providing quality accommodations and superior service. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and you have my assurance that many of these items can be addressed quickly.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a 2 BR suite for 5 days. Overall very nice. Only issue was a strong mold smell originating from the vanity sink in one of the bedrooms. We weren't around much and it was not a big deal. The thermostat did not work one evening but when I called, they had someone up to fix it in 10 minutes so it is more of a kudo to the place than a knock. We enjoyed a high floor corner with good city views. Good breakfast. Beds were too hard for my wife and daughter but perfect for me!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Airfotog,

I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us recently. I hope you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms, and I’m sure the Two Bedroom Suite gave you and the rest of the family plenty of room to spread out and relax.

Thank you for making a note of the issue with the vanity sink. I would appreciate if you can contact me directly at the Hotel so I can obtain your specific room information. That would allow me to investigate and resolve the issue right away. I’m glad that the thermostat was resolved quickly by our team. We recently had new energy saving thermostats installed in every room to help reduce our carbon footprint.

If you and your family find yourself returning, I hope you will consider staying with us again. I am in the final stages of planning the replacement of our beds, so hopefully we would have one that everyone in the family enjoys!

Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

Warm regards,

Omaha
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights for a Training session with my company. The hotel was great!
The bed was so comfortable. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was amazing, with so many choices of food and drinks. The area is very safe with many restaurants within walking distance. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our second visit to the Residence Inn Cambridge -- we stayed for two nights during a recent trip to visit colleges, and this was the perfect base to once again experience Cambridge and Boston. Our room was very clean, very comfortable, and spacious. And the upgraded wi-fi was fast and reliable!!!

The hotel staff are all exceptionally well-informed and make a genuine effort to be helpful and offer excellent service. The breakfast is convenient and generous. Location near the Red Line and lots of restaurants couldn't be better.

Fantastic value. We'll look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
VA
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is clean, efficient and well run. My only complaint, and thus the 4 instead of 5, is that the evening get together is only on Tues., Wed and Thursday. AND no wine or beer. Maybe I have not stayed in a Residence Inn lately enough to miss a change in their program but one of the main reasons for staying with them is the great morning breakfast and the evening socials.
The staff is excellent, the Virtual Concierge did not work but overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: A short walk to the "T", the Boston mass transit system which is very well run. and also a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BobooVa
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear BobooVa,

Thanks for posting your comments and ratings about your recent trip to our Hotel. I am so glad to hear about your positive interactions with the Property. I will be certain to pass these along to the staff at next week’s all associate meeting.

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced regarding the Virtual Concierge. If you have any specific feedback about this tool, I would appreciate the extra information. In the meantime, I have asked our Front Office Manager to review the process and test the system to ensure it is working properly.

Our complimentary evening social is quite popular, and we find that offering it during the 3 mid-week nights help to reach a broader audience. While we do exceed the Residence Inn standard for nightly socials, we are unable to offer complimentary beer and wine due to the local laws. I will be sure to contact the city to explore any alternatives.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback, as it is through constructive feedback from our guests that we are able to continually improve the operation.

Kind regards,