I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge when visiting Microsoft on business. The price for a nights stay is far cheaper than most nice places in Cambridge. The location is easy to find, and parking was ample. Checking was friendly and fast. I was given a floor on the 8th floor, next to the elevator (I bid on the room), and the room was clean, albeit small. There was a small fridge, a microwave, coffeemaker and flat screen TV. Toilet was a bit tricky to flush, and the water pressure in the shower was adequate, but not great.
For the most part the hotel was quiet during my stay. Because of my proximity, I did hear the elevator, but did not hear my neighbors.
Breakfast was standard fare for a holiday inn express, eggs, meats, cereal, bread, yogurt, cinnamon rolls and pancakes. Breakfast tasted good and was warm.
Location was good. It was a 20 minute walk for me to get to Microsoft. There is a plaza almost next door with a pharmacy and supermarket, a McDonald's in that plaza, and a Dunkin donuts practically on each corner.
My only disappointment was the internet. Very poor speed and dropped connections pretty consistently. I had thought it was limited to my room, but the lobby computer had poor internet (and browser crashes) as well.
I would definitely stay again for leisure, but would think twice if it was for business, due to the internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Located minutes from downtown Boston on the Green Line of the 'T' Lechmere Station, close to MIT, Harvard University, Museum of Science, TD Banknorth Garden, Patni Corp., EF Foundation, Kendall Square, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilition Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and only 3 miles from Boston Logan Airport (BOS), our hotel is the perfect location for visiting the Boston/Cambridge area. We offer a complimentary American breakfast, featuring our famous cinnamon roll as well as a variety of hot foods. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Great Room, with 24-hour coffee, complimentary cookies at night, and high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the building. Our convenient location and commitment to service make us the best value in the Boston/Cambridge area, so book now and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Contact the hotel directly for packages that'll save you money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Boston - Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express Cambridge