I have seen unfair review complaining about the neighborhood and the elevator service of this hotel.
Here is the deal with those two factors: (1) just like many things in and around Boston, the immediate neighborhood is old, but not "shady" as some suggested. It is a safe neighborhood, and I walked through it a few times on the way to Cambridgeside Galleria. I even got a few "good morning" from neighbors on the way. (2) this is not a five star hotel where you pay AT LEAST $250 a night, so it is not going to spend money on two of those highspeed elevators. Consider it has 8 floors to be serviced by two elevators mostly used only around breakfast time, give them a break about long elevator wait.
The front desk people are friendly and helpful, the breakfast was decent (it's complimentary, so keep that in mind), but could be a little slow in keeping up with surge in demand. Oh, the kitchen staffs are friendly and helpful, too, and they kept the place tidy and clean.
The room we stayed in is sizable, clean, modern, and well equiped. The ONLY complain I have is that they don't have an in-suite safe. The soundproofing is very good, as we don't get a lot of hallway noise.
We stayed there around the July 4th, and as we were on the 8th floor "facing the river", we got to watch the fireworks from the comfort of our room unobstructed. Keep that in mind when you book this hotel.
There is a large supermarket just 3-4 blocks west of the hotel, so you can pick up bottled water over there, As for going anywhere else, if you want to head toward Harvard, a bus is only a few blocks away on Cambridge. If you are heading downtown, the Greenline starts only blocks away (if you are planning the take multiple trips during the day, even within downtown, get the daily pass, consider the 7-day pass if you are staying long enough).
The Cambridgeside Galleria as well as the Museum of Science (also where one of the Duck Tours begins) is within walking distance. If you are a ZipCar member, there are plenty of ZipCar around for you to choose from within 10 blocks.
Next time we are heading to Boston, this little gem is surely will be at the top of our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Located minutes from downtown Boston on the Green Line of the 'T' Lechmere Station, close to MIT, Harvard University, Museum of Science, TD Garden/NorthStation, Patni Corp., EF Foundation, Kendall Square, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilition Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and only 3 miles from Boston Logan Airport (BOS), our hotel is the perfect location for visiting the Boston/Cambridge area. We offer a complimentary American breakfast, featuring our famous cinnamon roll as well as a variety of hot foods. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Great Room, with 24-hour coffee, complimentary cookies at night, and high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the building. Our convenient location and commitment to service make us the best value in the Boston/Cambridge area, so book now and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Contact the hotel directly for packages that'll save you money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Boston - Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express Cambridge