“Best Italian I've had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gran Gusto

Gran Gusto
Reserve with OpenTable
Gran Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 625 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Best Italian I've had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I'm not an expert in Italian cuisine, but my taste buds can definitely taste the difference between this place and some of the other Italian joints in the North End. Not to mention, this place was recommended to us by an Italian with pretty high standards! Most of my friends and I ordered pasta (mine was an amazing black linguine with seafood), and I loved stealing bites from everyone's plates. My boyfriend got one of their pizzas, which was pretty good, but I still prefer the pastas. The phrase "cooked to perfection" comes to mind when I think back to that meal. I'll definitely be going back next time I'm in the Boston area!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alice F

Newton, Massachusetts
“Secret Italian tucked away ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This secret Italian spot, tucked away in the unlikelist of places is its own reward. Many restaurants in office buildings just don't work. This one does. From the moment you enter, you forget about the office building and wonder if you're in Italy. If there are any lingering doubts, the host's warm welcome completes the picture for you. The menu -- and the wine -- are wonderful. I recommend sharing some appetizers at the table. (You must try the grilled calamari! Perhaps the best I've ever had.) I had the lamb and I can only rave about it. Gran Gusto is worth the search! (P.S. It has PARKING!)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sarah41707
“Excellent Neapolitan-style pizza in Boston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Gran Gusto is an authentic Italian restaurant. Not American-Italian, Italian. The pizza (Neapolitan-style) is excellent, perfectly cooked (wood fire) and with good quality toppings. Other dishes are also very good (e.g. grilled calamari as appetizer is recommended) and prices are very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Actual Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Gran Gusto is not an Italian American restaurant, it's actual Italian. That is, their menu is similar, if not identical to restaurants in Italy. For instance, there's no spaghetti and meatballs, which is unheard of in Italy, but there is Cacio e Pepe, the classic Roman pasta dish of cheese and black pepper. The pizza that they have is not Papa Gino's style, but Naples style. As someone who is lucky to travel to Italy on business, i was thrilled by the authenticity and recommend the place! It's not as good as the food I've had abroad, but it's close enough for a thrill.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DrawingViterbo
Somers, New York
“Friendly service and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

A small group of us went to this restaurant for dinner, and overall it was a nice experience. The service was good, and our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. We tried a couple of appetizers. My favorite was the grilled calamari which was very tasty, although just a bit oily. The main entrees were quite good, although not spectacular. Probably the best we tried was the Scialatielli, made with fresh pasta. Portions were a little on the small side, leaving plenty of room for dessert. The dessert menu was pretty limited: we ordered some gelato and the Caprese cake. Both were good, although servings were again a little on the small side. One more note. There is plenty of parking in back of the restaurant after 6pm, when the lot is open for restaurant patrons.

Visited May 2013