“Good food, nice location, friendly service”
Review of Tavern In The Square - CLOSED

Tavern In The Square
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had our team dinner there and I have no regrets. The staff was nice, service reasonably quick. The waiters were ready to provide good recommendations to help to choose the food and drinks.

The only thing that surprised me was the french onion soup. I believe it should be a bit different...theirs is not as good as one I tried at other places.

I liked the summer drink they were offering - some sort of beer with grapefruit taste. I do not remember the name but it was very refreshing.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you like an upbeat place, noisy and young with good basic food for the right price, that is the place for you. On a game night this place is packed. They do have a patio on the sidewalk, so if you are lucky and the weather is nice, it is a nice quite option. Unfortunately it rained during our meal and we had to move indoor.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner we had a great meal. The mac and cheese is excellent. Lots of good food, great service, and warm atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone looking for casual good time.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our group of 4 arrived on a Saturday night without reservation, and was seated immediately. Although there are plenty of seats in the middle of the restaurant space, we got a quiet corner next to the main window to the street.
The menu is well stocked, and the staff were friendly. Definitely a place I will return to.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I arrived for buffet brunch here at 1:40 pm. Even though the brunch closed at 2:30, the many tables were fully stocked and the food was good. There was a station with omelets made to order, plus two kinds each of poached and scrambled egg dishes, pasta, a very good shepherd's pie, some Mexican-style dishes, potatoes, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, and lots of dessert choices. We liked the things we tried. I would have happily eaten more shepherd's pie if I'd had room. My orange juice wasn't included, but was reasonably priced and in a large glass with a free refill. Our upbeat and helpful waiter stopped by to tell us when the buffet was about to close, so we could make a last run for food if we wanted. There were lots of people there, but we were seated right away. The place is fairly big. It's a sports bar, with big TVs all over the place, all showing NFL the afternoon we were there. I could see this being a fun place to gather with friends to see a game. $17 a person felt like a good price for a good brunch.