Location: this beautiful hotel is situated in the central Sardinia - in Abbasanta. You can reach it, by the car, in aprox. one hour from Alghero airport and one and a half hour from the Oblia aiprort. The best choice is to rent a car at the airport.
Hotel: small, nice, pleasant, calm and really beautiful with amazing garden, pool and horses. It has no more than 20 bungalows. Even if the hotel was fully booked, it didn´t feel crowded. But..I have to say that this hotel is not for everyone. You are in the countryside of Sardinia (beaches are like half hour drive by the car), you definitely need a car and if you don´t like horses or agriculture, you can be surprised.
Surroundings: hotel is located in the central Sardinia. The centre of a small village Abbasanta is 5 minutes by the car and you can find there shop, restaurants, bank or railway station.
Renting a car: The best way how to discover the island is by the car. You can rent the car at the airport. We visited Sardinia 2 times and we rented car for around 330 Eur/5 days with full insurance. Roads in Sardinia are quite good.
Accomodation: is nice, clean, pleasant. We had bungalow in the garden. There are horses walking freely in the property and it´s the most beautiful feeling to see them at the ground, near your bungalow.
Breakfast: buffet style. There´s cold buffet wit cereals, cheese, ham, fresh fruits and juices and also hot buffet with eggs, bacon, etc.
Food: in this hotel, you have a little different style of the dinner if eating inside. You will have dinner with all other guests together. Dinner has 4 courses and it is a really very good and tasty. It´s maybe untypicall, but the possibility to talk with other guests is very pleasant.
Drinks: you can have drinks in the bar and in the restaurant. All wines are from Sardinia and they are very good.
Service: really good everywhere and without any problems.
Staff: very nice and helpful, especially Betty at the reception, Andrea the waiter and Stephano, trainer of horses.
Advantages of this hotel:
- very nice hotel with calm atmosphere
- comfortable accomodation in own bungalow
- very good service and attitude of the staff
- romantic and quite hotel/location without crowds
- very nice bar and restaurant
- nice swimming pool
- good and calm location
- very good food in the hotel
- free parking
- very good and professional horse riding - you can have lessons and also excursions in surrounding
Disadvantages of this hotel:
- not for everyone - if you don´t like horses
What you can do there:
- swimming in the pool
- trips around the island
- horse riding
Our opinion: we visited this hotel 2 times and it was the best time. It´s a really good hotel in Sardinia with very good staff, services and with the very good food. We truly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovering the rural heart of Sardinia and experience the thrill of crossing extraordinary landscapes, their history and ancient culture. Breathe the timeless rhythm of a journey through the beauty. All rooms and suites of the Country Hotel Mandra Edera have air conditioning and private bathroom. The Mandra is set in the heart of Sardinia and is surrounded by woods and lush countryside. The hotel owners breed championship-winning horses. Hotel Mandra has a semi-covered pool with a hot tub and sun terrace. The restaurant serves typical cuisine and local wines. Many of the ingredients are produced on the estate. Mandra Edera is recommended by tourist guidebooks. There are horses roaming free in the grounds, a working stable, and horse riding lessons are available for all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mandra Edera Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandra Edera Country Hotel Sardinia/Abbasanta