“Great”

Price range: US$37 - US$61
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great ambiance, service, food... It was the best place we've eaten at in Sardinia. Classic styling, classic dishes, but with a modern touch.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Meal for 2 for 80 Euros was had in a very clean and elegant restaurant. Menu was long and full of choice. Service was attentive and good. No complaints from this couple.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Ended up in Arbatax in Sardinia. The first night decided not to eat in the hotel restaurant so went on TA and found this restaurant listed as number 2 in the area. It is part of a hotel and looked swanky. I expected good things. it is very clean, very 'up market'. Sadly the experience wasn't a good one.

I asked what the 'fish of the day' was (it was listed on the menu as such). The manager (?) said, "I'll find out". I found this strange. Surely you would know what the fish of the day was wouldn't you? He called across the restaurant in Italian to a waiter who was just coming out of the kitchen. I presume he said something like, "find out the fish of the day". The waiter turned around, went back in the kitchen and then came out again and walked to the other side of the restaurant. The manager called out again. The waiter appeared that he had forgotten to ask the chef and went back in the kitchen once more. he was followed by the manager. Next, the manager appears with a silver platter without about 5 fish on it and brought it to the table. Well, that was nice but what were they? I asked what types of fish they were. He didn't know and neither did the waiter. It was all a farce.

I settled for rib.

I wouldn't go back. I'm here for 5 days......where on earth am I going to eat? The area does not look promising in the slightest.

1  Thank OlafB
EmmeCi61, Direttore at Ristorante Arbatasar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Mr?
The only truth in what you said is that you don't know anything about all the varieties of fish we showed you (Seabass, Bream, Red Bream, Rockfish. Red Mullett).
And you most likely seem to be unaware of how fish should be cooked. In fact you then decided to opt for a simple beef steak with potatoes!
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We went there twice during our 2 week visit. Our 9 year old is very fussy so this was one of the few places where she could not have Pizza Margherita. She loved the steaks so much that she asked for more. We tried fish, pasta and meat - all were to a very good quality. The service was fantastic - and, as you'd expect, the waiters were great with the kids.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Sitting in reception or out on the poolside having an apperative is very relaxing,the setting is nice with the huge tree at the entrance and pool.The menu offers a good selection form the land or sea and the waiting staff are alway there to offer adivice on the dishes.I found the wine selection very good as there are quite a few good Cannoneau selections to choose from as well as more expensive brands