I stayed here with 2 friends in August, we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It was clean, the room was a good size and the staff were helpful. The bathroom was fine but was let down by the poor lighting and shower. Also the toilet dripped all night so we had to be sure to close the door, otherwise the dripping would drive us mad.
The pool area is nice and well kept, it makes a change if you don't want to be on the beach all day.
Breakfast was a little limited, but fine, however there was no fruit at all, mainly breads and pastries and hams/salamis, which makes it difficult to have a healthy breakfast.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night, and our meal was good, although we did have better meals elsewhere in Castelsardo.
The location of the hotel close to the beach is fantastic. The beach is great if you have children as it is very sheltered, and good for swimming, but it is small, gets quite crowded and is not the most beautiful in Sardinia.
I think if you visit Castelsardo it is best to hire a car well in advance, or at least book in all your excursions right at the beginning of your stay. We did not hire a car, and it was very difficult to get to other more picturesque beaches. We went to Asinara by public transport which turned out to be a very long trip, as the buses were always late and missed their connections. The trip to the Achipelago Maddelenina is well worth it, but try to get upstairs on the boat or you won't see anything!
All in all the hotel is good value, quiet, with friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FIRST HOTEL IN CASTELSARDO. The Riviera SPA - nestled at the foot of the rocky hill is the medieval village of Castelsardo - it is an integral part of the history, tradition and gastronomic culture of Sardinia. A sensory journey that embraces all the senses : the care of sleep, the choice of10 different types of pillows, the Spa and the traditional Mediterranean cuisine at Fofo restaurant. BUSINESS, LEISURE AND MORE. The rooms are characterized by a minimal style, warm colors, spacious and bright, with all the comforts, and seaview balconies overlooking the Gulf of Asinara. There is also a business multipurpose area, private parking, wi-fi, spa. The hotel Riviera is ideal for business travelers, for holiday, for well-being and relaxation. RIVIERA SPA, COCCOLE BODY AND MIND. A wellness program of a new generation: the outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water blade and the unique sanitizing system MagnaPool,chlorine free,that respects not only your skin but also the envirnment. Finnish sauna, emotional showers, the float room, the Kneipp path, the sauna,the steam room and the wide range of massagges and beauty treatments. it's time to think about you. RESTAURANT Fofo Title A5. The typical cuisine of Sardinia. A must for lovers of taste, authentic flavors and tradition. The history of seafood in Castelsardo and the panoramic view overlooking the sea intertwine and consolidate Sardinian tradition. Specialties based on fresh fish and meat are the main stay of the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Hotel Castelsardo
- Hotel Riviera Castelsardo, Sardinia