“Great food and welcoming service” 4 of 5 bubbles

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Babylon Restaurant
Description: Opened in July (?) of 2010. Iraqi cuisine.
Description: Opened in July (?) of 2010. Iraqi cuisine.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food and welcoming service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I heard about this restaurant from a colleague. I didn't find a menu online; however found that their Baylon Chicken is one of the best dish from an online review. So we called them half an hour early and ordered the dish to have it at the restaurant. Since the restaurant is in downtown Lowell its a little hard to get parking. However there is public parking by the town just behind the restaurant and the rates are very reasonable. When we reached the restaurant the staff greated us with great smile and complimentary tea. We got our dish immediately after tea. Babylon chicken was awesome. It's a dish for 2-3 people. We also ordered some dishes to go and they were also awesome. Well kept place but needs improvement on the decor. You could also buy some middle eastern spices here.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank S A

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Very Good Authentic Middle Eastern Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am glad I finally stopped in here! This family run restaurant is exactly what I was looking for when I wanted true Middle Eastern food. The food is very good, fresh and reminded me of the food I could get when I was in the region. They even give you complimentary tea which is very traditional for the Middle East. I tried the hummus first. It really hit the spot! It's hard to find good hummus in the States so I'm glad I can get some locally from here. Next I had the Shish Kabob wrap which was a big delight! The kabob itself is great, but when paired with the salad they put inside of the wrap it's a big flavor winner and really satisfying. If you want great food or just want to experience a little of the Middle East region then this place is a must.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jay H
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Best middle eastern food in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

In a small town like Lowell it is quite amazing to have middle eastern food of such taste. The decor of the restaurant needs improvement. Its not that it is bad or cheap. The owner have put in a lot of effort and money but in the wrong way. For example the red and green walls. The seating (table & chairs) looks expensive but does not go with the theme. Other than that the food, the service everything else is good. Try Babylon chicken and Shish Kabab, they were awesome.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Fowbhai
MA
“Great food, quiet atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

A fairly new restaurant in multi cultural Lowell Massachusetts, we stopped in for a quick lunch. The food was great! For appetizers, we had Falafel (a bit overcooked) with salad. For main meal we had Shish Kabob, Schwarma (the pickled vegetables really added a lot to the sandwich) and chicken with a flat bread. They advertise as a Halal restaurant for those who it makes a difference. No liquor license, great service.

We plan to go back for the Chicken Biryani that was advertised (whole chicken, bones removed stuffed with a special rice/raisons, almond mix). Sounds yummy!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Freq_traveler_MA
Boston
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This a small but excellent middle eastern restaurant and a great addition to Lowell.
The service was freindly and provided us with excellent suggestions.
The Babylon Quiza ( roasted veal shank) was exceptional. The lamb tikka marvelous ( especially the bread that is like Naan but more biscuity and buttery). The chicken was also excellent.
All were spiced ( but not hot) with layers of flavors.
The desserts were very good but not as great as the mains and appertizers.
There is no alcohol, and we didn't ask if we could byob.
Music is also there from 7 Pm on Fridays.

• Visited March 2012