“This is the place for pad thai.”
Review of Viet-Thai

Viet-Thai
Ranked #28 of 263 Restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
“This is the place for pad thai.”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I've walked by this place many times, and only went there after overhearing someone else's conversation, ,I'm glad i have good hearing, this place is a little jewel of pad thai,noodle soup bowls are great too,portions are good size for a good price. No booze though.

• Visited January 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Did not live up to expectations”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

After reading many positive reviews we gave Viet Thai a shot. Wife had Pho which came to the table a solid 5 minutes before my Pad Thai. Pho looked good but the broth had a slightly "off" aftertaste, sort of soapy. Pad thai was a letdown, very greasy with same funky off flavor, duck was very tasty but had small piece of bone in it. Service was poor, they could have used another 2 people working the dining room. We didn't finish our meals and left hungry.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank econymous
Porter, Indiana
“what a surprise”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Was wanting to eat some eat thai food and needed a lunch buffet to meet my hunger craving as I only get to eat up this way when visiting family. tried this place after many years of visiting the south east Asian restaurant. This buffet was packed. food was being brought up quickly to refresh buffet. everything in tried was awesome. The soup with the mushrooms in was so god I had three bowls of it. wish I lived closer as I would eat here on my lunch hour. If you need a good variety and can't decided this is place to go. go for the food not the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I come here once a week with my parents for lunch almost every week. We've been regulars since I was a kid. It is such a great place to eat and relax especially if you are on a lunch break. Food taste like it was made lin Vietnam (or my mom's kitchen!). They have the best noodle soup and their sizes are NOT to be compared with. Its definitely a good place to eat!

• Visited March 2013
Groton, MA
“Delicious Buffet”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My friends and I been to Viet-Thai three times in the past two months. We happened up this restaurant while walking the streets and reminiscing our times at Lowell High. The buffet items are outstanding, beginning with the soup choices. The spring rolls are home made as I've seen the same rolls at a local Asian market in Lowell for $3 for 3. Here at Viet-Thai you can have as many as you want. We haven't had any desserts, which are limited to chunks of pineapple and some sort of coconut Jello. Service is quick when it came to clean up and filing water glasses. You can't beat the price. I think the buffet if $7.50/each. A cozy restaurant that is usually filled at lunch time. We will be back again.

• Visited January 2013