“Best Sausage Pizza I ever had (believe it or not)”
Review of Ward Eight - CLOSED

Ward Eight
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Being from NY I never thought I would comment about a bar in Lowell Ma having the best sausage pizza I ever had. The craft beer selection was excellent as well. It's a good thing I moved back to NY or I would be 500 lbs by now...

2  Thank mazzzzzzzzzzzz

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We visited Ward Eight on our return home from a soccer tourney in nearby Lancaster. We arrived a little after noon on a Sunday and it was very quiet - we were the first ones there - but the bartender took good care of us. We sat outside and enjoyed the warm June day. We ordered a couple of beers and some of their 'Grilled Cheese' sandwiches. I had the one with marinated tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and was drizzled with balsamic - it was delicious. Light, fresh, and just the right amount for lunch. My husband got the one with rib eye, Gorgonzola and crispy onions and he enjoyed his very much too. The sandwiches were served with a side of good fries.

3  Thank ScarboroughFoodie
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I visited Ward Eight on a warm evening last week. it was nice to find a place in the city where you can sit outside. We did have to wait more than 10 minutes for the waitress to even acknowledge us and then another few minutes for her to bring us menus and take a drink order. We ordered the chicken pesto pizza and a grilled cheese sandwich. There is nothing simple about the grilled cheese sandwiches here...they come in several variations. Food was delicious! The pizza was thin, crispy and very good. I would recommend this spot for a casual night dining experience.

2  Thank LByrne1029
Reviewed 17 May 2013

It was my first time visiting Lowell and visiting a bar with friends.
They were raving about the grilled cheese sandwhiches and their great service.

My friend got the grilled cheese and I had the chicken with barbque.
That, along with their fabulous drinks and service made them me a customer for life.

The grilled cheese sandwhich had great flavor along with balsamic dressing drizzled on it! It was very flavorful.

Their beer selection is great too! I was out of town and not very famaliar with the aray of choices, in which case they were happy to oblige. I was happy to hear that the bar tender's knew their stuff and could guide me in the direction of my drink choice!

It is a smaller place, but very unique and different then the other places I visited in Massachusetts.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have lived in Lowell for most of my life and regardless of the name (under previous ownership) I always saw this bar as a place to grab a beer outside in the summer. Then Ward Eight came along and became the first place I became somewhat of a regular. What keeps me coming back? It’s different than most other bars as in the bartenders are actually interested in what they are serving you. They have an astounding knowledge of craft beer and liquors and can be sure to please any palate. They are dedicated to carrying quality craft beers and artisan liquors that you may not have heard of but are sure to enjoy. So whether you like tequila, whiskey (ask Rich) or IPA’s (ask Matt) you’ll probably be introduced to something you like more than what you are accustomed too. They’ll actually give you a taster to make sure you like what you’re buying. They have also converted the inside to resemble a prohibition era speakeasy including bartenders in bowtie and vests. It’s a great place to grab a beer, get some dinner (the food is also great) or meet up with friends. They usually have some solid entertainment on the weekends and I recommend friending them on Facebook as they regularly post their beer updates and any entertainment that is coming up.

1  Thank Anthony C