Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsaverage courtyardbreakfast buffetconvenient locationnice hoteloff routethird floormarriott propertieshousekeeping staffwould stay againnice amenitiesoutdoor poolroom was spotlessbooked this hotelsmall roomchecking outconnectorchelmsford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This property is your standard Courtyard and it lives up to the Marriott standards. Clean rooms, nice décor. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Parking is plentiful and convenient. Breakfast is not included (standard for most Courtyards).

I had called the hotel a few days prior to arrival to ask questions about the type of cribs they had. They use a Pack and Play and I asked for one to be in the room. Upon checking in, the desk manager told me the Pack and Play was in the room. It's always great when things go the way one hoped. Also the Pack and Play was easy to fold up and take with us when we visited relatives and to re-setup when we returned to the hotel.

One thing to be aware of is that Lowell/Chelmsford has too few hotel rooms...and it is a popular city for hockey. Weekend tournaments attract teams to this property (we had one with its own team bus the weekend we stayed). When the adults don't supervise the team members at the hotel, it can be a nightmare....if you can get to sleep to have the nightmare in the first place.

Room Tip: Be sure to pull the side and back doors closed all the way. We saw some sketchy people parked in the lot at times when weht out to the car at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JJH1764
Michael L, Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. We strive to honor all our guests’ requests and ensure they have a great stay. I am glad this was the case for you and your family.

My associates and I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. If there is anything we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you for choosing the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I got this room for a business trip to Lowell. Reservations and check-in went smoothly. In-room Wifi was free and good. The room was updated and in good shape, with a fridge, single-cup coffee, and decent desk for working. Seems like breakfast should be included, but being on a business trip, my expenses are reimbursed, so who cares?
My first room was across from the ice maker, which was about as loud as a jet taking off. I complained, and luckily they had extra rooms, so they moved me to a quiet room on the other wing. The new room was quiet and I had a great sleep.

Room Tip: Suggest upper floors, far away from the ice making machine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review on this site. We are constantly striving to enhance our guests stay and your valuable insight allows us to do just that. I would like to sincerely apologize for the loud ice machine you endured upon check-in. I will be looking into this further to try and find a solution to this issue. I am glad we were able to provide you a different room in which you enjoyed during the rest of your stay.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels return you to the Lowell area.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I recently had to make a business trip to downtown Lowell Ma. The Courtyard was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. They had HDTV 42” flat screen TV’s. Breakfast was ~$10. and was a hot buffet. If you are looking for a nice place to stay while visiting Lowell, I recommend this Courtyard. If I ever visit Lowell again I will stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Like most Courtyard hotels this location is clean, comfy, and conveniently located. We rented two rooms and as always the rooms were clean and orderly.
The outliers for this location were the following:
Firstly, there was an enormous amount of goose/duck droppings on the sidewalks and walkways at this hotel making the walk from the parking lot to the hotel entrance a tricky one. It may seem odd to mention, but was a noteworthy problem.
Secondly, the elevators were out for repair/replacement. Normally that would not have been an issue, but we were traveling with people who had slight disabilities making taking the stairs a bit of a challenge. Luckily we were on the second floor.
Lastly, the staff at this location was amazing. Kind, friendly, helpful, accommodating, etc…from the time that we got there until we left we were very well taken care of. They went above and beyond to help us with our rooms, luggage, dining options, questions, you name it. Hats off and five stars for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The hotel is on a quiet street near Lowell, but also isolated without any walking-distance restaurants. There are a number of choices within a few minutes by car. On-site dining is breakfast only. No bar, but the front desk will sell you a bottle of wine or bottle of macro beer.

The room was spacious and quiet. However the bathroom floor was dirty (grout between tiles) and the bed had medium-depth craters. I was able to find a flat spot in the middle of the king bed.

Think that I will be staying here again, but because it's the only Marriott property in Lowell. Or I might hop brands...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business