“great place”

Chia Laguna - Hotel Laguna
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Chia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we stayed in the village part of the resort which was beautiful, rooms great clean, comfortable and nice. The food was very good, the staff were lovely bit of a language barrier some had no English but not a problem. the entertainment team were wonderful so welcoming and friendly. lots of different pools around so you never felt crowded. my only complaint was it is so expensive, drinks, food everything and the shops in the resort are silly money.

oh one other complaint the week we were there they had a film crew in the resort filming for some tea time show, they were either on the beach or round the main pool. they were very loud and intrusive and spoiled it a bit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thebriens

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Perfect location , delicious food and the best staff I have ever encountered ; Hotel Laguna in Chia Laguna resort more than earns its five star status .
My husband, my 19 month old son Sam and I arrived at the resort for a stay of 10 days this month to celebrate our honeymoon. The fabulous welcome from the reception staff was so warm on our first day as it was every time we saw them . Nothing was too much trouble and they were so nice smiling and playing with Sam.
Our room was spacious and well appointed second floor overlooking the lagoon - and what a view to wake up every morning. The breathtaking scenery of the ocean from our balcony was best enjoyed with a glass of sparkling wine or a beer Ichnusa , both available at the hotel or at the supermarket Moon just a two minute walk away.
Our meals were in La Terrazza , and included a wide variety of salads, appetizers , meats and fish as well as pasta dishes and supply hot , both a la carte and buffet. The food was by far the best food we ate quality hotel , and there was an extensive list of wines that the sommelier helped us navigate.
The best part of the dining experience , however, was the friendliness of the staff. Each member of the team of waiting was friendly, smiling, helpful . They always said hello and how are you and they were always playing peekaboo with Sam and trying to make him smile , even taking him out to the kitchen for a look and play with him. Steve and Alex were two waiters who really went the extra mile when trying to make us feel welcome with a little ' one, which sometimes could be a handful . We all loved , but in particular these two .
Then there was the bar manager fabulous, Joseph, who spoke perfect English and we would keep talking as we enjoyed a drink in the bar Bubbles. And ' people like this that have made ​​the holiday so fabulous . I can not stress enough how amazing they all were.
Most of our stay was taken to enjoy the beaches - pale apricot sand and clear turquoise water that rivals any Caribbean beach I've seen. The surfer dudes on the beach were happy to help with towels and sun loungers. We also hired bikes , and my husband was invited to play football with the other guests and staff members that he enjoyed.
Sam was doted on Flavio and Andreas and the beautiful girls of the mini club - Cristina , Rose, Alice and Julia. They held a baby dance every night that was so funny for Sam and the other smaller ones at the resort.
Finally , I read about people who say the resort is not suitable for couples , but I would disagree . The director , Antonello , he knew it was our honeymoon and they bent over backwards to make sure it was romantic , even putting on a private breakfast room one morning. Incredible.
Even though we went early in the season , there was more than enough to do and we had the holiday of a lifetime. We are already planning our return next year .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Cornwall_fancy
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This resort is well run and offers all the amenities of a modern vacation or meetings complex.
The rooms are well appointed, the housekeeping is good and the food was excellent.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a meetings facility or a vacation location
Service was superior.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ewaldbiemans
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days for the finale of our honeymoon. The hotel was beautiful, very clean and modern. Staff were polite, friendly and most spoke english. Our room was spectacular, A/C worked great, room was clean, modern furniture, great view of the lagoon, black out shades, huge bathroom, etc. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from, and the food was superb. Try the olives in the evening at the bar in the lobby, the best I've ever had. The only downside to this place is it's not really a romantic atmostphere. It seemed like every second person had a baby stroller, was about to pop, or had a couple kids with them. Also, on the beach there need to be more security to keep the locals from bothering the vacationers. There's nothing more annoying than having random people selling handmade, stoeln, or fake merchandise come up to your beach chair while you are trying to sleep. You have to be very stern with them too, they don't take a "No thanks" for an answer. Should be security on the beach preventing this as it stresses out the clients. I think we will someday return here, if we ever have kids...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie A
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the hotel laguna, we stayed in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor (room 79) the room was spacious and had a lovely balcony with chairs and sun beds. Whilst we were there we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. We were hoping for a romantic week given the website sells the hotel not only for families but also couples! To be honest the hotel was one giant crèche, the hotel has no facilities to "get away" from the onslaught of children crying, screaming and running around. Dinner was hardly the romantic experience we had imagined with extremely tired irritable children and stressed parents pacing up and down with pushchairs and prams trying to stop them crying. Having bought up my own children and taken them away on holidays I am not anti children, however the hotel should set aside some areas for adults only, maybe a pool, restuarant and bar. The beach was overcrowed with beds and why do you have to pay extra for the first two rows! The staff were lovely and the hotel was spotlessly clean, but would we stay at the hotel laguna again, definitely not!

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple, ask for a 3rd floor room. Nobody stomping around in the room above...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie C
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks and found the resort to be very good though could improve on a few little things, like improving the grassed area around the main pool, having an earlier evening dinner time for the under 3's for eg, but im being picky. Having visited a few resorts over the years from Greece to the Caribbean, I have to say the people who run and work at this resort are, by a mile, the best I have ever come across. The guys and girls who work for the kids clubs are simply outstanding, and I mean all of them! The food was really good for a mass catering buffet, great selections, well prepared and presented. The place was clean and nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff. I could be picky about certain aspects but quite frankly the things this resort does well, vastly outweighs any negatives. Its not the cheapest place you can find, even a tad expensive you could say, but for me it was great value for money. The entertainment they put on each evening was outstanding......its not some of the staff unwillingly putting on some shoddy show, no these are pro dancers and performers and for some of the shows they do you wouldn't mind buying a ticket for at a theatre! It is a great family resort but im not sure it works that well for under 3's? And if you are a couple looking for a quiet holiday then don't book this!! Overall, a first class resort.

Room Tip: All rooms such similar standard but if you have an access issue, buggy, wheelchair, walking difficul...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leeperry38
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was very excited to spend one week in this location , my disappointment came right after i saw the room , very small ,very humid with a lot of stains on the ceiling and a usless sond insulation (you could feel everything that was going on in the room near to you ).
The beach was over loaded with people and the crowd reminded me of Rimini beaches in August,
thanks God the weather was perfect and Sardegna sea water never betray you ,simply fantastic.
Prices all over the property simply autrageous , the animation was very good and personennel was very polite and caring ( realy very special people) , pools needed more care ,the borders were dirty ,food was ok but over all i was aspecting much more

Room Tip: never stay in the rooms near to the kid club , super noisy at every time
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dodo57_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chia
Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna
Aquadulci Hotel
#3 of 7 in Chia
Chia Laguna - Hotel Village
Chia Laguna - Hotel Baia

Been to Chia Laguna - Hotel Laguna? Share your experiences!